v17 Games without Advanced Launcher?
Hi,

Is there any way of launching normal, executable games, now that Advanced Launcher doesn't work on current versions of Kodi?

The last version it's showing that it supports is Helix, and I can't get it to install on Krypton (it says "failed to install dependencies").

I don't want to launch ROMs or Steam, just normal executable games like the ones I've got from GOG.

That's the reason I'm using a PC really, otherwise I'd just play videos off a USB stick.

Cheers,
Aston

PS I'm willing to use a different media centre programme if that's the best option.
You can try Advanced Emulator Launcher, don't have link handy but a search in the forums would get you straight there.
Updated version of Advanced Launcher
(2017-03-26, 11:48)pauly3069 Wrote: You can try Advanced Emulator Launcher, don't have link handy but a search in the forums would get you straight there.
Updated version of Advanced Launcher

Thanks heaps. Do you need to install something else to use it with standalone games? Because it's saying "Select the launcher application" when I go to add one, and the only option is SuperRepo (a repository I installed before). The section on standalone apps is missing from the start-up guide.
Sounds like what you need to do is add your C:/ as a file source.
Can be done through file manager --> add source --> C:/

That way you can search your actual computer for the game exe

I'm curious as well
1. Australian?
2. Steam games? *I'm in a similar issue trying to find a nice game launching solution that is also good to look at in Kodi
Ah cheers, it turned out SuperRepo was causing the problem, I didn't want it anyway, I only installed it trying to get Advanced Lancher, so I reinstalled Kodi and now I can add the launcher (the game launches in the background, which is another problem, but I can add the launcher).

(2017-03-28, 11:56)pauly3069 Wrote: Sounds like what you need to do is add your C:/ as a file source.
Can be done through file manager --> add source --> C:/

That way you can search your actual computer for the game exe

I'm curious as well
1. Australian?
2. Steam games? *I'm in a similar issue trying to find a nice game launching solution that is also good to look at in Kodi

Yep I'm from Perth but I've been living in Sydney for about 15 years. It's easy enough to get plugins for Steam games, or use Steam Big Picture, but I don't like Steam. When I was doing a night-shift in the first aid room once, I took my laptop so I could play Euro Truck Simulator, but I couldn't play it without updating. When it started updating, I went through all the menus looking for something which showed me what it was downloading. It turned out it was gigabytes, which it was trying to download on my mobile phone connection. What update was so important? A promotion for some new game they wanted to sell me. I've never bought a Steam game since then, GOG is good enough for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games without Advanced Launcher?0