• 8(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC WebBrowser (Windows)
Ist repo broken?
Why for me its empty? i just instal xbmc and your repo and it is empty ;/
Really nice addon, this is the closest thing I've found to a viable option for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/etc. But I'm also having trouble setting it up to work with a game controller. Short of actual controller support, is there any way to set the hotkeys to work with modifiers (like ctrl+alt+a)? If I map my PS4 controller's buttons to simple keypresses like Num0 or backspace then that interferes with using the controller in other apps, If the hotkey to exit the program could be set to, for example, ctrl+alt+x, then the start button could mapped to that through programs like Xpadder and it wouldn't get in the way while using XBMC or other apps,

And Kret, the repo is not broken, you may have to "force refresh" from the context menu.
(2014-06-17, 12:22)misantrope Wrote: Really nice addon, this is the closest thing I've found to a viable option for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/etc. But I'm also having trouble setting it up to work with a game controller. Short of actual controller support, is there any way to set the hotkeys to work with modifiers (like ctrl+alt+a)? If I map my PS4 controller's buttons to simple keypresses like Num0 or backspace then that interferes with using the controller in other apps, If the hotkey to exit the program could be set to, for example, ctrl+alt+x, then the start button could mapped to that through programs like Xpadder and it wouldn't get in the way while using XBMC or other apps,

And Kret, the repo is not broken, you may have to "force refresh" from the context menu.

Hello,
i'm new to XBMC (1st post here) but i had the same need about Xbox controller (i guess you're using ds4tool for your dualshock 4 so it emulate an xbox pad). I came yesterday across this software which emulate mouse on the pad and foud it to be really usefull.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbpad/?source=navbar
Hope it help.
Hello,

XBMC is new for me, and my requirement is that I want to open websites in web browser of xbmc.
I installed "AddonScriptorDE/plugin.program.webbrowser " (zip got from https://github.com/AddonScriptorDE/plugi...webbrowser)
I can successfully add wensite when Click on "Add Website".
But when I am going to click on my that added website name it gives error Script Failed.
I looked into xbmc.log file Error occur as follows :

This is the path variable value :
16:46:44 T:4116 NOTICE: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.webbrowser\resources\XBMC_WebBrowser\XBMC_WebBrowser.exe "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.webbrowser" "RedSkins" http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redskins.com 100 no 10 10 1280x720 true 64 yes 20 ""

and error log is as follows :

16:46:44 T:4116 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.webbrowser-master\default.py", line 225, in <module>
showSite(url, name, zoom, stopPlayback, showPopups, showScrollbar, userAgent)
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.webbrowser-master\default.py", line 91, in showSite
subprocess.Popen(path, shell=False)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 833, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:46:44 T:4392 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.webbrowser/?mode=showSite&name=RedSkins&showPopups=no&showScrollbar=yes&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.redskins.com&userAgent&zoom=100
16:46:44 T:4392 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.webbrowser/?mode=showSite&name=RedSkins&showPopups=no&showScrollbar=yes&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.redskins.com&userAgent&zoom=100) failed
16:46:44 T:108 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
16:46:44 T:108 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:46:44 T:2972 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

.NET framework 4 and IE11 is present on my windows 7 machine.
Please, tell me what is the problem and how to solve it ?

Thanks
Using 14.0 Alpha 3.
I can successfully add a website and browse it.
I get this when I try to -Map Keys:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
File "C:\Users\DAN\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.webbrowser\default.py", line 237, in <module>
mapKeys()
File "C:\Users\DAN\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.webbrowser\default.py", line 183, in mapKeys
subprocess.Popen(keyMapperPath+' "'+userDataFolder+'"', shell=False)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 711, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\subprocess.py", line 948, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
10:44:32 T:12180 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.webbrowser/?mode=mapKeys&url
10:44:32 T:12180 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.webbrowser/?mode=mapKeys&url) failed
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2014-03-04, 14:57)thangobrind Wrote: This is a brilliant addon, but I am having an issue with the BBC's iPlayer website.

When I try to view a programme, I get a message stating, "You need to install Flash to play [TV Program name here]. Download the Flash player now"

Now flash is already on the PC and following the link takes me to an adobe page which successfully verifies that flash is Ok.

Now I can replicate this behaviour in my desktop copy of IE (IE 11, PC running windows 8.1) by going to the tools menu->safety->ActiveX Filtering.

So it appears that WebBrowser uses IE with ActiveX Filtering enabled. Is this the case, and is there some means of disabling it?

Many Thanks

I'm having the same issue. It seems like Flash is broken on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
(2013-05-09, 22:15)pettergulbra Wrote: AddonScriptorDE: Hi
Thanks for a really nice program.
You wrote that I could add the key I liked for what I wanted in a post here.
But I could not add backspace or ESC for get out of the program.

Why is this? It would have being nice to have the same as inside XBMC.

And one more thing:
If I add it as an favorite, and use it in the main menu (maybe the same elsewhere to), I have to push
the back button when I`ll exit the browser. It looks like it think it should be inside a sort list.
Is there an fix for this?

I just past weekend set up a whole new installation (blank Gotham XBMC with the addon downloaded via the testing repo from this thread's first post). And after doing some testing and configuration changes it seems I am still experiencing above two issues in the same way. Is there an update for which I need to activate something specific?
I tried to assign ESC as well as backspace, but both did not work. Also the problem with starting as a favorite from the main menu but ending up in a submenu after exiting is happening.
I would love to have a unified experience using my Harmony Remote, with EXIT (mapped to ESC) or BACK (mapped to backspace) just behaving the same whether I am within XMBC or the browser.
Any plans to update this for the new Helix beta? :-)
Currently I exit Kodi to desktop for the use of Google Chrome in my case. Mainly used for catch up services, film streaming.

I believe I tried this add on or similar a while back. I could load a web browser from within XBMC and that I recall worked fine. I think what put me off was exiting back to XBMC. It wasn't a fluid seemless process so I abandoned it.

Has this changed?
Now Antivir detects this addon as a trojan (specifically XBMC_WebBrowser_KeyMapper.exe).
A bunch of other AV software detect it as a trojan too (all from 5-6th March), I guess they just copy paste malware detections between themselves.

edit: I probably wasn't being clear. I know it's a false positive. I wasn't accusing of this being malware. I've reported it as false positive to Avira. Maybe they'll spread it to the other vendors.
Anybody else have error message on Helix ?
(2015-03-07, 13:20)ioncype Wrote: Now Antivir detects this addon as a trojan (specifically XBMC_WebBrowser_KeyMapper.exe).
A bunch of other AV software detect it as a trojan too (all from 5-6th March), I guess they just copy paste malware detections between themselves.

edit: I probably wasn't being clear. I know it's a false positive. I wasn't accusing of this being malware. I've reported it as false positive to Avira. Maybe they'll spread it to the other vendors.

I did see this warning yesterday too, I am making use of norton 360.
2 days ago I still did make use of Gotham 13.2, but after installing kodi 14.2 and today 15.1, I am only seeing errors.
I don't think this addon does work for kodi 14.2 or for Kodi 15.1 "Isengard".
Untill a few days ago I did make use of this addon in combination with netflixbmc and xbmc 13.2.

16:10:54 T:1056 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'os' is not defined
File "C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.webbrowser\default.py", line 17, in <module>
siteFolder = os.path.join(userDataFolder, 'sites')
NameError: name 'os' is not defined
16:10:54 T:4352 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

15 browserPath = xbmc.translatePath('special://home/addons/'+addonID+'/resources/XBMC_WebBrowser/XBMC_WebBrowser.exe')
16 keyMapperPath = xbmc.translatePath('special://home/addons/'+addonID+'/resources/XBMC_WebBrowser/XBMC_WebBrowser_KeyMapper.exe')
17 siteFolder = os.path.join(userDataFolder, 'sites')

The file XBMC_WebBrowser_KeyMapper.exe has been erased by Norton 360.

Is this addon still supported? Developer AddonScriptorDE last visit was 4 months ago.

After adding the next line to default.py on line 8
import os

The addon is working again. I did also tell Norton 360 to ignore XBMC_WebBrowser_KeyMapper.exe, that I trust that file.
Isengard+Win8.1 This no longer works, at least for Netflix, which this could have been awesome for. Not sure what the issue is, IE 11 and integrated flash, removal of Silverlight by Netflix...would be great if this could be reborn. Netflix reports Browser is out of date, update your browser and won't stream. Using the browser directly works fine.
Hi!

The last two days I dedicated for plugin.program.webbrowser. Because I need for my project skin Xone.
I was changed some lines in default.py, and test all with Kodi 15.2

And now everything works perfectly.
If anyone is interested for this wonderful plugin, can download an updated version from the following link.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B8...file%2czip

And please leave a comment if it worked.

A big thank for the author AddonScriptorDE
@senna99

thanks for updating this addon. Unfortunetaly AddonScriptorDE seems to be inactive, so I think you could re-release it under your own name, if you want.

I don't know if it is my individual or a general problem, but with your patched Version I haven't a fullscreen anymore. By changing configs in the addon I could not solve it. Do you have an idea or could you fix it if it's a general problem?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC WebBrowser (Windows)2