OS X open app error: "XBMC" is damaged and can't be opened.
I was able to install XBMC v12 in my OS X 10.8 and seemed ok, although I didn't see any TV. After I installed the AEON skin and restarted the OS, the menu items were no longer there and there was no way to bring the settings back up to take the skin off. So I attempted to delete the app, to reinstall again. now, when trying to reopen the app I am getting the message: "XBMC" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash".

Maybe there was stuff left over from last install so I looked for /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC or `/Library/Application Support/XBMC, but there is no XBMC anywhere I look.

what can I do to make my Mac Mini my Media center with XBMC?

please help
Please help.

I downloaded XBMC v12 last Friday and I was able to open the inststaller and copy the app to my Applications. I double clicked on it and opened fine, except that the screen was off to the left. After adjusting it and getting the EON skin, and restarting the computer, the app opened but with no menu items. I decided to delete it and start all over again.

Now I after copying XBMC into my Applications folder, when I double click on it there is a window message saying: ""XBMC" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

I have tried downloading the installer and copying the app again, I keep getting the same message. btw there is no XMBC file under ~Library/Application Support or ~Library or ~/Users/<my name>/Library/Application Support

please please please help I like to make my Mac Mini my media Center
One thread is enough. Merging with your other thread on same topic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
open app error: "XBMC" is damaged and can't be opened.0