How can i access to a nfs share in windows
I have the following:

Windows XP SP3 sharing my files. (smb and nfs)

Raspberry Pi Client

iPad Client.

If i share my video files with smb, i have no problem, RPi and iPad can access well to my files, but i prefer make this throguh NFS because it has better perfomance.

I've followed this guide to set up my nfs sharing in windows xp:

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/que.../7061#7061

This is working fine for me but only for my Raspberry.

iPad is not able to access the shared nfs folders. It can view them, but can't access.

I've created the passwd and gorup files exporting from the Raspberry the same files.

But in addition, do i need to add more passwd/group entries to match iPad users?
If is this, wich passwd/groups?
As mentioned in our NFS howto the ios devices connect through an user with uid 501 ... not 1000...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Perfect It Works!!

root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
pi:x:1000:1000::/home/pi:/bin/bash
mobile:x:501:501::/home/pi:/bin/bash

I assume that "/home/pi:/bin/bash" in the last line is wrong, but as my iPad can connect now through NFS, it's perfect for me.

Thanks!
Its just important if this was a real linux server and you would try to login with both users. This is the users home directory. Don't worry about that in windows world Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can i access to a nfs share in windows0