Req Option to Disable Banner Dimming
Right now I use XBMC on AppleTV1 (Crystalbuntu 2.0) with the Quartz skin. I really like it, but with an OUYA on pre-order, I thought I'd check out some of the more complex skins. Right now, Ace is my favorite and does just about everything I could ask for.

One request, though. In two of the video views, Banner and Banner Info, only the banner that is currently selected is at full brightness, with the rest dimmed. Is there any possibility of adding an option to disable the dimming effect so that all of the banners are displayed at full brightness? I think this makes it easier to see what's available when trying to decide what to watch.

Thank you for all of the hard work you've put into this skin. It's really excellent and provides for a great deal of customization!
If you want, you can temporarily remove the dimming effect by modifying the Banner and BannerInfo views (ViewsBanner.xml and ViewsBannerInfo.xml respectively). Inside these files you can find the dimmer, it's an image type control (there's a comment next to the opening <control> tag labelled "Dimmer"), and remove it to remove the dimmer effect.
That did it! Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to Disable Banner Dimming0