Stream DVD over DLNA (xbmc as server)
As the topic states, I would like to stream a dvd I put in my xbmc-PC's drive to my DLNA compliant television over ethernet/WLAN.

I'm already able to play regular video files by browsing the video library over DLNA. However, if I mount a DVD, I'm unable to play the VIDEO_TS files on the disc (as they are encrypted, not understood by the TV). So I would like to somehow have an entry in the video library that allows access to the DVD as unencrypted mpeg2 video files (which the TV supports), without having to rip them manually.

Does there exist a plugin for this perhaps?

p.s. I'm aware I can play the DVDs by plugging the PC direclty to the TV. But this is not what I'm trying to acomplish. I just want to use my PC as a DVD player, but connecting over ethernet/WLAN instead of hdmi etc.
The latest versions of XBMC Gotham have some support for ' Play Using' but I am pretty sure it does not handle decrypting the DVD in between yet.

I believe this is one of the suggestions by the XBMC Team as a possibility for a GSoC coding project
See Google_Summer_of_Code_2013#Projects_within_the_client.2Fserver_area (wiki), especially the second point, "Improved UPnP serving and client "
Following the first message, I face an issue a bit different. I'm able to read my iso DVD, but menus are not accessible on the TV.
I've changed the settings to start automatically a DVD which works well on the server, but not on the TV.
TV sees the iso as a complete movie, therefore start to read the menu and continue to the all disc, leading to a shift between the sound and images.
My question is:
- Is there any possibilities of using the DVD menus on the TV when playing the .iso file stored and broadcast by Kodi ?

Basically, I'd like to use the remote control of my TV to navigate through the DVD menu.

Cheers
(2015-10-18, 07:26)Yogsottoth Wrote: My question is:
- Is there any possibilities of using the DVD menus on the TV when playing the .iso file stored and broadcast by Kodi ?

No.
DLNA protocol can't do this.
Rip your dvds to mkv/mp4.
Did it already.
But I miss the multilanguage Sad

Thanks for your response.
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream DVD over DLNA (xbmc as server)0