Can't fast forward
I'm using the latest Openelec, but I've observed this on Xbian as well. I'm controlling XBMC by the TV Remote. Most everything works fine, but I can't fast forward. When I push FF, I see the display in the upper right hand that looks like it's trying to FF, but the movie plays at the same speed. I have the same problem using the web interface. I do think I managed to FF once, using Xbian, but not since. I'm guessing maybe certain filetypes won't FF? Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks!
FF and REW is not currently supported by OMXPlayer on the Pi, irrespective of file type.

Use the jump forward/back controls (left/right -/+ 30 seconds, down/up -/+ 10 mins), also entering the timecode directly from the keypad (eg: 11000[OK] to jump to 1h 10m into the movie).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the response. I don't have a keyboard plugged into my Pi. Is there some other way to FF, using a remote, or by the web interface?
(2013-04-19, 18:04)RChadwick Wrote: Thanks for the response. I don't have a keyboard plugged into my Pi. Is there some other way to FF, using a remote, or by the web interface?

cursor ? up/down left/right...
(2013-04-19, 18:04)RChadwick Wrote: Thanks for the response. I don't have a keyboard plugged into my Pi. Is there some other way to FF, using a remote, or by the web interface?

I'm not talking about a keyboard, I'm talking about a remote.

Look closely at your remote - see a left/right/up/down cursor (often in the shape of a circle, with a select/OK button in the middle)? A 0-9 keypad? If you don't have those, get yourself a decent remote...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The lack of fast forward/rewind is the biggest usability nuisance for me currently in XBMC (basically, the only major usability problem). Is there anything that could be done to fix this? Is there any help needed? I am a software guy, so I may be able to help when I have free time. A few weeks ago I had a brief look at OMXPlayer and it seemed to have some kind of fast forward/rewind support.
Has this ever been sorted or due to be sorted? It still drives me mad, I have given up on several videos due to the pi crashing and being too far in to watch it from the start again Angry[/align]
(2013-04-30, 13:37)spendleb Wrote: Has this ever been sorted or due to be sorted? It still drives me mad, I have given up on several videos due to the pi crashing and being too far in to watch it from the start again Angry[/align]

why you people cant just use time jumps or 10mins/30sec skips (up/down-left/right) ?
(2013-04-30, 15:29)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 13:37)spendleb Wrote: Has this ever been sorted or due to be sorted? It still drives me mad, I have given up on several videos due to the pi crashing and being too far in to watch it from the start again Angry[/align]

why you people cant just use time jumps or 10mins/30sec skips (up/down-left/right) ?

Because that doesn't appear to work either for me at least?
I can confirm this wotks fine using the arrows descibed above and also the numeric keypad. I am using a USB IR remote straight out of the box. I would suggest looking through the lirc threads if your remote isn't doing this.
(2013-04-30, 15:43)spendleb Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 15:29)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 13:37)spendleb Wrote: Has this ever been sorted or due to be sorted? It still drives me mad, I have given up on several videos due to the pi crashing and being too far in to watch it from the start again :angry:[/align]

this feature work without problem. If it doesnt work for you than you have an issue with your XBMC or remote. What remote do you use? And what distro?
(2013-04-30, 15:52)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 15:43)spendleb Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 15:29)rikardo1979 Wrote: why you people cant just use time jumps or 10mins/30sec skips (up/down-left/right) ?

this feature work without problem. If it doesnt work for you than you have an issue with your XBMC or remote. What remote do you use? And what distro?

Tried my TV remote (Panasonic) and also the official XBMC remote app and Yatse app. Maybe I am misunderstanding, will have a go again tonight.
(2013-05-01, 13:57)spendleb Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 15:52)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 15:43)spendleb Wrote: Because that doesn't appear to work either for me at least?

Tried my TV remote (Panasonic) and also the official XBMC remote app and Yatse app. Maybe I am misunderstanding, will have a go again tonight.

what XBMC distro?
(2013-05-01, 14:02)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 13:57)spendleb Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 15:52)rikardo1979 Wrote: this feature work without problem. If it doesnt work for you than you have an issue with your XBMC or remote. What remote do you use? And what distro?

what XBMC distro?

RASPBMC
(2013-04-30, 15:29)rikardo1979 Wrote: why you people cant just use time jumps or 10mins/30sec skips (up/down-left/right) ?
Because jump is not fast forward or rewind Wink

Well, I took the XBMC source code and set the development environment. I have one extra Raspberry Pi, so one of these days (maybe even today) I'll have a look at this to see if there is something simple and easy that could be done to get this working. I am not XBMC or media expert so I am not really expecting to solve this. At least the standalone OMXPlayer is supposed to support fast forward.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't fast forward0