Aereo plugin
Does anyone know if there's any word on an Aereo plugin? I am loving the work they do and would happily pay them their fee and donate to them or a dev if there was an app. It's not in my neighborhood yet..but soon!
Me too! They just announced they're coming to Boston next month. With Comcast warning customers that they will begin encrypting limited basic channels, I am very serious about ditching Comcast and moving to Aereo. I would love to stream this through XBMC, but I'll buy a Roku if needed.
Just arrived in Boston. Streaming it right now on my desktop, quality is very nice.
looks good. do you guys know how much it costs?
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Anyone else having trouble with Airplay and Aereo with xbmc? This is a major bummer.
(2013-05-27, 23:42)TJM1985 Wrote: Anyone else having trouble with Airplay and Aereo with xbmc? This is a major bummer.

airplay with atv 1 here too
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
(2013-05-28, 00:00)crusader88 Wrote:
(2013-05-27, 23:42)TJM1985 Wrote: Anyone else having trouble with Airplay and Aereo with xbmc? This is a major bummer.

airplay with atv 1 here too

What? Undecided
(2013-05-27, 19:43)hunkyn Wrote: looks good. do you guys know how much it costs?

It's $8/mo for 20hr of DVR with one recording at a time, or $12/mo for 60hr and two at a time.
Well, I just got a letter from Comcast stating that my local channels will be encrypted starting on September 24th. I'm a little out of range for getting reliable OTA channels, so it looks like I'll be going back to Aereo. I did the one-month free trial when they came to Boston a couple months ago and I was a little disappointed in the quality (buffering), but hopefully it has improved.

Safe to say there's no good way to use this inside XBMC? I'm not too keen on using airplay for this. A plugin would be fantastic!!
I use playon.tv. It integrates pretty well.
(2013-10-12, 20:55)karmaj Wrote: I use playon.tv. It integrates pretty well.

Of course if you pay monthly fee
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive
It is a one-time lifetime membership, and it's an alternative!
bumping this... they are bring Aereo to Denver next week! we need a plugin option!!
I live in Salt Lake City and signed up for the service; my first impression was that it's OK, and the picture quality is tons better than the Comcast SD reception I get with my "Blast" package. Maybe it's just me, but I found the TV menu tedious to use and wasn't in sync with the Mountain Time Zones, so I couldn't always watch a program in progress, and I couldn't record the program in progress. So I canceled Aereo.
Today it was announced that SJC has ruled for broadcasters in their fight with Aereo:
linkage

How long before Aereo has a price increase or maybe shuts down?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aereo plugin0