Linux HOW TO: PVR FIRST TIME SET UP
Wink 
What I want?
To Learn how to set up a PVR (preferably MythTv) from SCRATCH on my xios ds without ANYYYYY knowledge of this what so ever SO PLEASEEEE IN ENGLISH GUYS
What I want it for?
I want to be able to RECORD MY TV screen in real time in HD.. from what Ive researched I get the impression MythTv is the best but if there is another way to record screen in HD im all for it ... Big Grin thanks for your time guys ahead of time

My Device Info
Xios Ds (M3)
Running: Speedster's Latest 4/16/13 [BUILD]

Gadget CrackHead
WORTHAMIL
You will need a PC and DVB receiving hardware to run myth-backend, the Xios will work as a frontend to watch recordings but won't have the power or the drivers to drive the backend.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
(2013-04-18, 18:06)deadite66 Wrote: You will need a PC and DVB receiving hardware to run myth-backend, the Xios will work as a frontend to watch recordings but won't have the power or the drivers to drive the backend.
Like i said lmao english .. I dont know what frontend or back ends mean yet or DVB .. but tell me if im right or wrong .. so your saying for me to record my screen its not just software i need to get something else .. hardware? i have a pc thats not a problem .. so whats the next step .. i need to know what to do from scratch .. example

1. buy hardware
2. install (blank) on pc
3. install (blank) on xios ..

u kno lol ... thanks .. hope to hear from you soon Big Grin
(2013-04-18, 18:43)Worthamil Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 18:06)deadite66 Wrote: You will need a PC and DVB receiving hardware to run myth-backend, the Xios will work as a frontend to watch recordings but won't have the power or the drivers to drive the backend.
Like i said lmao english .. I dont know what frontend or back ends mean yet or DVB .. but tell me if im right or wrong .. so your saying for me to record my screen its not just software i need to get something else .. hardware? i have a pc thats not a problem .. so whats the next step .. i need to know what to do from scratch .. example

1. buy hardware
2. install (blank) on pc

In my experience mythtv is not very noob friendly. Do you have a friend that could help you set things up?

/D
(2013-04-20, 00:04)dodoadoodoo Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 18:43)Worthamil Wrote:

1. buy hardware
2. install (blank) on pc

In my experience mythtv is not very noob friendly. Do you have a friend that could help you set things up?

/D

No lol I dont .. and I mean Im new to xbmc but not new to modding so Im a fast learner .. just need things to be said in english .. but i got my answers ... fr instance... you couldve just simple said .. "yes you need harware also to set it up not just software.. find out what back end you wish to use and they will have instructions on how toset up .. what you will need is a tv tuner etcccc" lmao i found this out with more research .. but point is lol i simply asked if i needed anything additional to set it up you know .. either way thanks for your help .. im in the process of setting it up if i have any questions ill come back by then i should b caught up in the language and know what you mean lol
Point is... you "found this out with more research". These guys go to great lengths to make extremely detailed wiki pages with countless answers to an infinitude of potential questions, in hopes that they can weed out the onslaught of "hold my hand start to finish," inquiries that they get...all day...every day. The XBMC community is extremely helpful, but also extremely human, and extremely busy. Your post hasn't even been up that long.
(2013-04-21, 01:17)Jmhthefirst Wrote: Point is... you "found this out with more research". These guys go to great lengths to make extremely detailed wiki pages with countless answers to an infinitude of potential questions, in hopes that they can weed out the onslaught of "hold my hand start to finish," inquiries that they get...all day...every day. The XBMC community is extremely helpful, but also extremely human, and extremely busy. Your post hasn't even been up that long.
Obviously not busy enuff to reply with a useless smart remark that helps nobody ... Lol Undecided .. Take it easy there bruh .. Im new to all this .. But im glad you get your kicks by showing off that you know more then somebody lmaoo ... Like i said i got my answers no need for you to tell me lmao .. Oh hold up wait .. Wat is it exactly that your telling me? Not to ask questions that have been answered before? Really? When the forum preaches no question is too dumb ... Lmaoo so u knew everything there is to know about everything from the first day you heard the word xbmc mentioned? Lol guys like you have no lives bruh .. Just seen this now cause i got a life .. But thnx for the input guy lol oh and just so you know no matter how complicated theres always a way to put it simple for somebody .. Guys like u get asked how to cross the street and youll talk about what road how much traffic weather conditions lmao .. Ask me the same question and my response will be .. Wait for the light to turn red and cross.. Ive had a veryyyyy good experience on forums so far and have met alot of reallly helpful ppl i really hope u. Are just 1 bad apple .. Lata buddy
You could do well by typing full sentences in readable English and first start by doing some basic investigating on your own.
Right now you are like a guy that walks into a custom bike decal shop and says "I want to go fast on grey stuff, what do i need."

This is a subforum dedicated to an addon which provides XBMC with functionality to control MythTV, which is a piece of digital video recording (DVR) software that can connect to videocapture hardware to record TV, creating a personal video recorder (PVR). The type of hardware needed can vary wildly depending on what you want to do with MythTV, if you even want to use MythTV. There are several other DVR's available.

In other words: The XBMC PVR addons are for people who already have a DVR set up completely, and are looking to integrate it with XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: PVR FIRST TIME SET UP1