Aeon + Pi - any settings to make it work?
Hi All,

Could be a dumb question but are there any settings that I can apply to aeon skin to make it smooth with the Pi, if so, where do I find them? I've read disabling auto change of wallpapers helps quite a bit but can't figure out how to do this, currently my Pi is in turbo mode to 800 mhz I believe (maybe it's 850)

If not, anyone aware of an alternative version of it that's not "quite as flashy" but still has a similar interfact for the Pi?

I'm comfortable with the skin and use it on my personal computer so using it on the Pi would be awesome Smile

Thanks for the incredible work
Some skins are just too "heavy" for the Pi - I suspect that Aeon falls into this category. You could try a higher overlock, but you may then experience instability and the small difference in speed may still not be enough to achieve a pleasant user experience.

I like Confluence Modified myself - more functional than the stock Confluence, but without being too "heavy".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ace is by the same guy who wrote Aeon (I think) and is very nice but a LOT lighter. Give it a try.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr, I look forward to trying this when I get home Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon + Pi - any settings to make it work?0