• 25(current)
Release After Watch
v1.2.5 will log the whole afterwatch settings file in debug mode and adds further debug info when the video file or library should be updated.

Please try again and upload the debug log. Remove any network share passwords from the log, if necessary as they might be included in the settings output.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
(2021-03-22, 21:21)AnonTester Wrote: v1.2.5 will log the whole afterwatch settings file in debug mode and adds further debug info when the video file or library should be updated.

Please try again and upload the debug log. Remove any network share passwords from the log, if necessary as they might be included in the settings output.

First of all thanks for the update (1.2.5)

Here is the weird thing though. All of a sudden, and before the new update, the addon worked again!

Do not know what happened, did not change anything on my end.

Maybe an inconsistency or a conflict? I really do not know.

I will keep an eye and see if everything is working as expected though Smile
Very odd. But with the only difference being rpi2/3, I could only imagine something off with the settings file - or some weird incompatibility. Anyway, glad it solved itself and I fixed a small unrelated bug while adding the additional debug code.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
(2021-03-03, 20:04)AnonTester Wrote: @Alexander78 While very frustrating if your movies are actually gone, it is extremely unlikely that this addon did this. Not only does it ask for confirmation to delete by default and checks for the amount of files/folders and asks for confirmation again if it would delete more than 10 files, but it's also not designed to do this at all. It runs after a movie or episode was played and not on its own.

[...]

See this post how to find your logs/debug logs and provide meaningful information for anyone to be able to help you.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233369
Thanks for the response, I never did technically figure out what exactly went wrong, but as far as I could tell I did not change anything, not one thing, about my Kodi set up; that I had been running every single day for months on end without a hitch, other than switching from Delete After Watching to After Watch, which is why my first instinct was to blame the only change I made, especially in regards to the circumstances of the deletion (see below).

I did however want to come back and go through your suggestions, even if for cathartic reasons alone:
Quote:It is a lot more likely that one of the following things happened:
- your movies are on a remote disk or network share and the disk or share is not mounted (kodi just doesn't see them)
They were on an external HDD, which is plugged via USB to my desktop, and I could still see all my TV Shows (in explorer), just the Movies folder was now inexplicably empty (with nothing transferred to the trash, assuming it had been done manually). It was quite the opposite in fact, as I could see the movies in Kodi and when I went to watch a movie it suggested "file no longer available, remove from library ?" at which point I was like "That's weird I just downloaded it", and upon inspection of the HDD through explorer saw that the movies folder was completely emptied of all files and folders.
Quote:- OS update interferes with mounting remote disk or network share (kodi just doesn't see them)
See above: external HDD plugged in to desktop, movies still show in Kodi, but files gone from HDD.
Quote:- new user or profile created in kodi with empty database
Nope, files actually gone.
Quote:- the remote disk died (movies actually gone)
Nope, two HDD set up in mirror, files gone from both sadly.
Quote:- the kodi database got corrupted so the movies are still there but kodi doesn't know about them any longer
Nope, files actually gone.
Quote:- kodi database in mysql and mysql not started or accessible for some reason
Same as above
Quote:- accidental deletion of files by someone or something with access to the source (files actually gone if there's no backup or recycle bin or similar)
It can't be someone (only I had access to the computer and files) because as soon as I found out, I checked the recycle bin and there was nothing there, hence my first suspicion of it being done by a program (the likes of DAW and AW), and seeing as the entire set up was running flawlessly until I switch from DAW to AW ... I assumed it was AW.

At the end of the day I guess I'll never truly know, but it's kinda eating away at me as to what could have caused this. The only sad positive is that since Kodi still shows the movies until I "clean library" I at least have a visual list of what I need to "aquire" again; Thing is, a lot of these movies were 4K versions that just become impossible to find after all X amount of time goes by. Others were foreign movies that already lacked from serious "sources" back when they were popular ... but now ? Just gone, other than 480p versions :\
Out of a sudden, this addon ceased working.

While the confirmation box appears, when i hit "delete" (for a movie) the addon wont work (movie is not deleted). I am using LibreELEC 9.2.6 with rasp 3 (as a client) and a win7 machine with haneWin Nfs server app (as a server).

My nfs server settings here:

https://ibb.co/PcLsTc5

My raspi log file here:

https://pastebin.pl/view/64d998fa

PS 1: There were "times" where the addon worked. Dont know what is happening (on my side) that makes this addon stops working out of nowhere
PS 2: With same server settings, but with a raspi 2 (as a client with the same LE 9.2.6 software) the addon works as expected
PS 3: The addon works with TV Episodes (i can delete them without any problem)

@AnonTester can y help here?
After some time that this addon worked well, it does not work for me now Sad

Strange thing: it works for episodes (series) but not for movies.

To elaborate:

FOR MOVIES

===> when i have this folder structure -> (lib/files.*) (the addon wont work and can not delete files. What i mean is that *(most of times) i do get the on screen delete prompt confirmation, but when i say yes for file deletion - nothing happens)

* there are times that i don't even get the delete confirmation dialog though

===> when i have this folder structure -> (lib/title/files.*) (the addon works and it can delete files)

So maybe there is an inconsistency specifically in lib/files.* structure ?

PS1 This is my nfs structure:

\\192.168.1.110\Share\Videos\Movies Haris

PS2 I use hanewin nfs server (in win 7) and a rasp3 with libreelec 9.2.8 as a client

My log file here https://paste.kodi.tv/nelunijuya.kodi
Well i elaborated more on my issue:

I moved from my raspi3 libreelec 9.2.8 (leia) to 10.0.2 (latest stable matrix which corresponds to kodi v19.4) and the addon works again Wink

So that means that there is a "strange" incompatibility glitch with jvandenbroek/AnonTester's addon and rpi 3 (?) LibreElec Leia version(s). At least in my case it (partially) worked (as i said it worked for episodes but not in movies). Also there were other times that both movies and episodes deletion worked as expected !

I only tested rpi3 LE 9.2.8 and not previous versions with this addon. So there may be some older rpi3 LE versions that may work. I guess these findings make this addon a little hit and miss at least for my setup (LE rpi3 leia builds + nfs share)

Also tried jvandenbroek's older addon with 9.2.8 and again it did not work for me

Just to clear some things up Smile

PS Strange thing though: IOn a rasp2 with LE 9.2.8 + Anontester's addon both movies + episodes deletion work..
I have a question about this one. I would like ti to just add a rating to what I show, as so far this is the only addon I've found that allows you to add a rating and update the rating shown in the library to your personal one, but to get the rating popup to appear I have to enable file managment in the settings, and then it also asks for every thing watched if I want to move it. Is there a way around this?
@autolo sorry for the delay in responding, busy life the past months...

I've just pushed version 1.3.0 to my repository. This should allow rating/tagging without file management being activated. I tested on my system and it seems to work as designed, but please report any issues.

Additionally I've removed the compatibility hacks for python 2 (Kodi versions before 18 (Matrix)), reformatted and cleaned up the code base and fixed some reporting related bugs.
@AnonTester

This addon is awesome. Thank you for all your work. There is one feature I really wish for.

Would it be possible to add context menu entry for movies and series to start manually start the addon? It would be great to be able to delete or move an entire series that way. For movies, it would also be great if you could start the addon manually.
@ILK44 I'm not the original author of this addon, just took over maintenance and keep it going.

If you want to delete movies or episodes manually or even a whole series, you can use the functionality already available in Kodi. No addons are necessary. Just go to your library and use the 'Manage...' context menu to remove individual library entries or a season or complete show using the 'Remove from library' option. That function will ask whether the files should be deleted after removal of the entry from the library.

This addon is a service running constantly in the background, monitoring what you're watching and performs actions after the episode or film ended. It is not designed to be run ad-hoc on any entries. However, if you chose not to delete a movie or tvshow, you can always just start it again and seek to the end of the movie to trigger the afterwatch prompt again.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Watch4