• 5(current)
Release After Watch
A question for the author.

I am in the process of using Bitcasa (infinite cloud storage) as a mean to lighten my hard disks count for stuff I've already watched and might watch again in the future but with no necessity of always being able to do this instantly.

As such, I would like to have an add-on that offers me a choice of moving the just watched file to a specific directory (which I mirror to Bitcasa). Is your add-on capable of doing this? Including the "choice" aspect (meaning it asks if you want to)? I read the thread but I'm not sure about its current capabilities.

Further point: my media resides on a dedicated server, to which the HTPC connects (both Win 7 machines). Is anyone aware of net code capabilities on Win 7 regarding the possibility of not having the file transit through the ethernet connection back and forth during a copy or a move on the same machine (ie. I ask to move a file from the HTPC but the file is on the server and I want it moved to a different location on the same server).

Thanks!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
0.5.4 released

Sorry, there was a problem uploading files to rep, and some libs were missing, now it should work properly.
If not, check addon settings. If still not, reply here.

@ashlar:
If xbmc let you add those directories as movie sources, the addon should let it too.
For now, you can choose in settings if you want to delete or move, and after watching a movie it shows you a confirm dialog for your action. In the future it will be possible to choose between delete/move in the end.
Hello, appreciate all the work that goes into this!!

After Watch has worked great for me up until I had to re-install a couple of days ago. I was getting the services.py failed error with 5.3 and updated to 5.4 today. I don't get any errors now but I also get no functionality. I have uninstalled several times and tried the alternate file management method on and off several times. After pressing stop after the 90% played I get no action whatsoever. I would love to know how to get the older version that worked if possible.

I would be willing to upload logs if it may help you out...just don't know what you may need. Haven't had a need to dig into XBMC yet.

Thanks again!
Try to set addon settings to default, and configure it again.
If doesnt work, show me xbmc log where error occurs.
(2013-11-12, 02:28)Pynto R Wrote: @ashlar:
If xbmc let you add those directories as movie sources, the addon should let it too.
For now, you can choose in settings if you want to delete or move, and after watching a movie it shows you a confirm dialog for your action. In the future it will be possible to choose between delete/move in the end.
Perfect. Like... perfect, really. Thank you so much. Smile

Now, I see you are saying there are two different libraries to choose from, to handle file management.

My scenario is everything shared through SMB, two Windows 7 machines. In rearranging everything I could, through simlinks, have a single "main share" directory toward which XBMC points to subfolders. From what I've understood by reading around, this would make SMB handle the "move" operation without copying to the client and then back to the server in the destination folder. Considering this scenario, which library should I choose?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Recommended is working Smile cheers for the update, I missed that option a lot!

Before I accidentally wipe out my entire library, can you confirm, that the plugin will remove the folder as well as the file (when deleting movies)

My structure is as follows:
Movies A-G:\Movies\A\Avatar 2010\Avatar 2010.avi
---\Fanart.jpg
---\poster.jpg
---etc

Movies A-G:\Movies\A\A Beautiful Mind 2000\A Beautiful Mind 2000.avi
---fanart.jpg
---etc

Movies A-G:\Movies\B\Bad Boys 1989\Bad Boys 1989.avi
---\Fanart.jpg
---etc

So if I watch avatar "after watch" will prompt me to delete this movie, If I say yes, will it delete the avi file AND the folder in which it resides? Is there a danger of deleting the folder in which the folder resides, in my case, folder titled "A" hitch contains all my movies beginning with "A".

hope that makes sense, just don't want to risk doing something I can't undo Big Grin
@ashlar
The alternate mode was made to work with SMB, after a user saying normal mode wasnt working, but he never gave feedback if alternate was working, and I dont have way to test it.
If normal mode doesnt work, try alternate.

@PatrickBateman
If set to multiple folder, it will delete every file inside the folder were the movie is, and then the folder itself.
If unique folder is set, it will delete all files with the same name of the movie (without extension) inside the folder where it is.
(2013-11-12, 15:33)Pynto R Wrote: Try to set addon settings to default, and configure it again.
If doesnt work, show me xbmc log where error occurs.

That worked perfectly. Noob move on my part, I re-installed but didn't clear settings with default. Really....Really appreciate the work on this!!

Deleting episodes with default values and normal mode from SMB on a networked Seagate drive working great for me.
Thanks for the feedback Smile

Currently working on showing all confirm dialogs before any processing, so (for example) the user doesnt have to wait for the movie to move, to be asked if he wants to see the recommended; also the choose between move/delete after watching, and a better error reporting (eg when cant connect to IMDb).

There are still dozens of things I want to do in this addon, like recommend movies based on actors/directors, show trailers and other info, hold a recommended movie to watch next time you turn on XBMC, show trivia/goofs from IMDb, etc etc
Well... Keep up the good work! Much appreciated Smile
(2013-11-17, 14:27)Pynto R Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Smile

Currently working on showing all confirm dialogs before any processing, so (for example) the user doesnt have to wait for the movie to move, to be asked if he wants to see the recommended; also the choose between move/delete after watching, and a better error reporting (eg when cant connect to IMDb).

There are still dozens of things I want to do in this addon, like recommend movies based on actors/directors, show trailers and other info, hold a recommended movie to watch next time you turn on XBMC, show trivia/goofs from IMDb, etc etc

Those sound like fantastic features:

A great feature would be showing recommended movies, listing which ones are in the library but also, which are marked as watched Smile that would help a lot. We use this app all the time, but sometimes we see a recommended movie, see its in the library but don't know if we watched it already or not.

Even better would be to pull the data for the recommended movies, that are in the library and display it along side the recommendation (poster-description etc)

It's so great plugin though, and even as-is it makes my media centre feel incredible, as we usually do an imdb recommendation after watching a good movie, on the iPad, but having the plugin do it automagically is just a treat Smile
0.6.0 (29-11-2013):
* New feature: new progress bar (Gotham only)
* New feature: Logoff user (post)
* New feature: Show quit menu (post)
* New feature: error dialogs
* Improvement: rewrite progress handling, actions are divided between pre (normal) and post
* Improvement: all confirm dialogs show before processing starts
* Improvement: detect no internet connection when needed
* Improvement: detect needed settings not setted while processing (user, pass, paths)
* Other small improvements

edit: wait, something is not right...

edit2: ok, 0.6.1 is out
I am unable to configure the plugin... All options are disabled is this a bug?
Here works fine.
Try set all to default.
I can't?
It says "This addon is not configurable" when you go to settings and refuses to open?
Xbmc 12.2
Version 6.0.1

Clean install, gives a service.py error when installing?

I'll check my configuration tomorrow, maybe it's just me?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Watch4