Android Very (very) minimalist video add-on skin?
okay everyone, so this is my first post here. I'm currently running XBMC on an android stick (the MK802 IIIs, a really nifty little guy!). The pimary reason for buying/using this build is for my elderly relatives to watch a number of foreign channels. I found all the channel streams I need in a single add-on and they work beautifully. Unfortunately, my relatives are not very technologically inclined, so using a mouse, navigating through xbmc to get to the right add-on, then starting and stopping various streams is not very convenient for them.

So here's what I want:
I want to build my xbmc in such a way that I have a list of streams and using say a (very old) adroid phone as a remote that just switches from channel to channel with an Up/Down channel experience. I know it seems like I'm not using XBMC to it's full capacity, but that's all I need!

So here's my question:
Does something like this already exist? Or something similar I can edit? I have an enthusiast's knowledge of python, so if nothing at all exists, some pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

(also if this doesn't belong here, feel free to move my thread!)
Seems I got quite a number of views so far, but no replies, so let me re-phrase what I want:

I want to switch between streams that come from a single video add-on the way I switch channels on a regular ol' TV.
It may be easier for them to use a physical remote control to navigate XBMC instead of a mouse or a remote control app on an Android phone. They can use the up/down arrows to select a program, press Enter to play it and the Stop button to stop playback (which also allows them to select another program to play). A physical remote control with physical buttons is more familiar to people who are not comfortable with smartphones or touchscreens in general.

As for skins, you may want to check out this one, which is designed for folks who may not be technically proficient: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59576
thanks for the reply Rafael. Yeah sure, a physical remote would work too, but what I'm looking for specifically is something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jle8pP_JF7k

watch how at 1:30 he just switches "channels" (basically switching streams) with just one button, whether an android remote or a physical remote is irrelevant

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very (very) minimalist video add-on skin?0