Live TV buffering
Bit of a weird bug i have here. When loading a channel in xbmc the channel buffers and gets stuck at <10% it varys at which % it stops on. Now if i stop that channel and reload it it instantly changes the channel. If im then in a working channel and press channel up the picture disrupts and gets stuck on buffering. Again if i stop the playback and re-load it, it works perfectly.

Ive tried it in NPVR as well same problem (obviously does not show buffering).
This also happens for remote clients (other xbmc) I did just login to the web client and seems to work ok.

Im 100% its not signal related due to when using the tuner with the software it came with it works flawlessly.

Setup :- Win7, XBMC 12.1, PCTV - nanoStick T2 290e HDTV USB TV Tuner.

any help with this would be amazing as im losing my $hit with this and the GF is not impressed!
Can reproduce the problem in the NextPVR frontend, then provide a zipped copy of the NextPVR logs directory? c:\users\public\npvr\logs
Kerbys, that sounds like the problem most people have before they load the newest patched files... You did that right?
I had the same problem even after the patch files. I found that tweaking the video play back settings has made a huge difference and i can now change channel easily with no hangs. I have basically told it not to use any hardware acceleration. I can get the exact settings if it will help.
If you can please. Still having the odd problem with it.
As mentioned above, can reproduce the problem in the NextPVR frontend, then provide a zipped copy of the NextPVR logs directory? c:\users\public\npvr\logs
I'm having the exact same problem. Any chance you can post what you eventually changes your configuration to to fix it?

Cheers

(2013-05-12, 18:43)imperimus Wrote: I had the same problem even after the patch files. I found that tweaking the video play back settings has made a huge difference and i can now change channel easily with no hangs. I have basically told it not to use any hardware acceleration. I can get the exact settings if it will help.
Guys, I am completely stuck and am not sure where to turn. The issue I am running into must be a buffering issue and I suspect it is on the xbmc side. Some of the channels work fine other do not at all. The npvr log shows that everything is starting up fine. In xbmc however on the channels that get stuck show a repeated message of "DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: ReadLiveStream return 32768 bytes (339472 bytes remaining in buffer)" until I press the stop button. The buffering never ever seems to start on the xbmc side. Other channels start up fine. I have confirmed that the channels work on NPVR on the server. The other thing is in the temp folder these streams never get deleted. When everything works fine the files get deleted when I push stop. I am using NextPVR with a Ceten InfinTV 6 Ethernet.

I have patched NPVR with the most recent patches and I have tried xbmc with both time shifting enabled and disabled. When enabled I still get the "tuner lost" message, with it disabled i get the above, some channels work other do not.

I am not sure what else to try. Should I re-install NextPVR? Thank you for any help you can provide.

i found my answer. i should have looked at the live tv forum. i will try the updated sagedct tool. thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV buffering0