Puffin browser airplay support
Hello,

Just recently, I started to use xbmc on my raspberry, and I've to say: I really enjoy it.

Everything works fine, also the airplay feature.

To watch flash movies on my Ipad,I use Puffin as browser.

If i start a video in fullscreen mode and push the button to stream this to xbmc, xbmc shows that it starts preparing the stream. But instead of starting, xbmc goes back to the main menue and the output setting on the ipad is set back to the ipad.

Sometimes, but not always, xbmc freezes.

Are there any settings which i could set in xbmc to solve this problem?

The puffin FAQ states that in fullscreen following video formats are supported:
iOS:
H.264 Baseline Profile
MPEG4 Simple Profile
VP6 (Flash video only)
(http://www.puffinbrowser.com/faq.php)

I apreciate your help,
Thanks,
Christian
It probably uses AirPlay mirroring, which XBMC does not support. See: AirPlay (wiki).
Hi Ned,

Thanks for your suggestion. That might be possible, but since I don't activate mirroring and just airplay, and xbmc starts working and then crashes, my guess is that it's some kind of compartibility problem. Are there any system logs I could check to find out, why the transmittion is canceled?

Thanks, chris
debug log (wiki)
(2013-04-20, 15:17)ChrisBack Wrote: Thanks for your suggestion. That might be possible, but since I don't activate mirroring and just airplay, and xbmc starts working and then crashes, my guess is that it's some kind of compartibility problem. Are there any system logs I could check to find out, why the transmittion is canceled?

Can you confirm if it is a general xbmc problem (by testing with xbmc on pc/linux/mac).
Hi Ned, hi Popcornmix,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I don't own any other platforms, just my ipad and the raspberry.

But since puffin browser is also availabe in a free version, which in its trial version has full functionality for 2 weeks, maybe someone else with a idevice and a windows / linux xbmc platform could help me out. I would really appreciate that.

To further investigate the issue, I created a log file and uploaded it.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13229

In this log, I tried 2 times to stream a youtube video via airplay to xbmc using puffin browser. Both times the 'prepare stream' message was shown, but then xbmc went back to the menue and the output on the ipad was set back to itself.

Guys, thanks for your help, I hope the problem is manageable,

Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Puffin browser airplay support0