Bright flashing & flickering during streaming of tv show or movie
Hi, I'm a newbie. Thanks for the great site and help you all offer.

I've seen similar questions before on this site (sorry, forgot the link) for my problem but whatever was suggested didn't work for me.

I installed xbmc 12.1 on my laptop and use the hdmi out to my a/v receiver to watch streams on my large monitor.
Some days when I stream a video everything looks fine, other days... I would get bright objects pulsating. For example a scene in the park, landscape is fine but bright sky would pulsate like a slow strobe light effect.

I'm using a Dell XPS15 w/ Windows 7 home premium, model L502X,i7 2640M, CPU @ 2.80 GHZ, solid state drive, 8.0 GB Ram, 64 Bit Operating System. NVidia GeForce GT 540M. My A/V Receiver is a Pioneer SC-07.

As suggested somewhere on this site I tried changing the 3 available settings for preferred graphics processor... global setting auto select integrated, high performance NVidia & integrated graphics, none made a difference.

I also tried the suggested video output settings posted on this site as well - found under system/settings/system/video output with no luck.

Sometimes it flickers, sometimes not. Driving me nuts. Looks like a nuclear bomb is going off during everything I watch.
Please help. Thanks.
im having the same problem after i updated my vidoe card
i would check your video card settings on the app that is installed when you install the drivers AMD's in called Catalyst Control Center (I am not sure on Nvidia) also check your tv and see if there is a auto brightness setting on or something some tv's have a sensor that adjusts the brightness of a TV depending on the light in the room

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bright flashing & flickering during streaming of tv show or movie0