Debian package
Hello
I would like to build myself debian package with 12.1 and in near future with 12.2. Do you have some scripts and description how to do that? Debian repository contains only some old 12.0 package and it doesn't seem they want to do newer package.
I would start with the debian.tar.gz of the Ubuntu ppa and fiddle the package versions. That way it should be quite easy.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Nice idea, thank you.
the packaging also sits here; https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc-packaging
Thank you too. Maybe somebody prepackaged it already for debian?
That would be too nice and the world mostly is not nice :-).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ha ha, hovewer no doubt xbmc community is nice.
check debian experimental

usually amejia does upload packages there.
For a few months there is only 12.0. I was waiting patiently for new version, hovewer 12.0 has memory leak which is annoying.
I've read somewhere here that debian team refuses including xbmc because of built in ffmpeg, and I suspect it's causing lack of new version.
www.deb-multimedia.org repo has the 12.1 version you are looking for.
Read the thread. This repository is bad idea. It can mess your debian installation.
(2013-04-23, 20:29)Marx1 Wrote: Read the thread. This repository is bad idea. It can mess your debian installation.

There's nothing mentioned in this thread that says that debian repository is a bad idea, let alone why it is a bad idea.
This multimedia repository is bad idea. Look at debian mailing lists why it's renamed from debian-multimedia. Debian team advice not to use this repository.
Been using debian sid with multimedia repo for years, it's fine! If OP is concerned just pull xbmc, but I wouldn't be worrying about it.
I did exactly that and it works. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debian package0