XBMC 13 - No image - Black Screen
Hi Folks

Im not sure, if I am posting in the right section. It seemed to be the right oneWink I am having a problem with XBMC 13 (Gotham) when trying to install it on xbmcubuntu. When xbmc starts up, there's no image only a black screen appearing. Somehow it doesnt matter what Gotham Version I use, its always the same result. I tested it with the official xbmc unstable ppa and actualy I am using FernetMentas's Git repo. Xbmc itselfs starts up, so that the process appears to be running, also I can hear the menu-sounds. It's also not possible that the tv/display i am using has problems with the resolution or the syncing, since I tested it with another display.

When I kill XBMC using:

Code:
killall xbmc-standalone

lightdm appears propperly on the screen.

I've got the follwoing Graphics interfaces:

Code:
*-display              
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: GF108 [GeForce GT 430]
       vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
       version: a1
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
       resources: irq:16 memory:fa000000-faffffff memory:d0000000-d7ffffff memory:d8000000-d9ffffff ioport:e000(size=128) memory:fb000000-fb07ffff
  *-display
       description: Display controller
       product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 09
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: msi pm bus_master cap_list
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:47 memory:fb400000-fb7fffff memory:c0000000-cfffffff ioport:f000(size=64)

I am using the nvidia-graphics output and nvidia-current and nvidia-common are installed. Following the logs of syslog xorg and xbmc:

xbmc log:
http://pastebin.com/xVPBu0st

syslog
http://pastebin.com/6hMJTdRR

xorg.log
http://pastebin.com/061gBdv1

Perhaps some of you, have had the same issues with Gotham.
xrandr does not see your second output.
Use xrandr to disable VGA-0/ enable DVI-I-1 before launching xbmc.
Thanks alot Fernet!

No experience with xrandr, but Ill dig it somehow.

Regards

.... hmmmm.... but how is it possible that every other graphical application is beeing shown correctly to the correct output and only xbmc is landing on a wrong one?
What other applications did you try which go full-screen? Run xbmc-xrandr in a terminal, then you see what information XBMC gets. Most likely it places the window in the area of the virtual screen which maps to your VGA-0 output.

run xrandr --output VGA-0 --off
Then start xbmc.
I was talking about lightdm getting active on the correct sreen after killing xbmc-standalone.. I did...

Code:
killall xbmc-standalone

and using xrandr gave me an error

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ export DISPLAY=':0'
xbmc@xbmc:~$ xrandr --output VGA-0 --off
No protocol specified
Can't open display :0

but as soon as I opened up openbox - which is one of the choices on the login-screen popping up when killing xbmc-standalone - and repeated on the remote terminal

Code:
xrandr --output VGA-0 --off

it worked! Started xbmc-standalone and TA TA, there it is xbmc 13 on the screen.

Update: It seems that xbmc has to be running for being able to change the screen using xrandr, otherwise xrandr is returning the above mentioned error.

Thanks FernetMenta!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13 - No image - Black Screen0