Raspbmc: slowness to show movies sort by title, actors...
Hi, I've installed Raspbmc latest version, updated, on a sd 8 gb class 10 (on raspberry version B) to which I connected a 2TB external hard drive via USB, where there are about 900 movies.

Inside the hd I have a folder for each letter of the alphabet in which the respective movies are arranged in order. I ran a scraping in order to create my own library with all the movies. I did not use the .nfo file, but all the informations are in the database.

The problem is that it is very slow to load the library when I click on movies (sorted by title), almost a minute, while often, when I view the library ordered by year or actor, is much slower and sometimes freezes and I have to turn off the power!

Which can be the reason for this slowness? Is there a way to speed raspbmc? I may have made something wrong in the configuration, I do not know.

thanks
The raspberry IS very slow. But you could post a debug log if you want further help.

Enable debug logging
restart xbmc
go to the view that is giving you problems
wait for it to populate
stop xbmc
pastebin the debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ok, this is my log when I try to see movies sort by actors! It takes 5 minuts to show me the list!!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13456
ok problem solved! I did the wrong procedure from wiki, now it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc: slowness to show movies sort by title, actors...0