SD/HD Movie Sorting Question
In my library, in many cases, I have both the sd and hd versions of a movie. Right now, there are two entries for the movie. Is it possible to consolidate and have one entry, then on the context menu with play, play trailer, etc., have a play SD / play HD option? Would this be a function of the skin or does it go deeper? (So I know where to properly pose the question).
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Difficult to do from context menu - it means adding a new entry to the context menu and also how would xbmc group these files? - it seems like a lot of work for (IMHO) a trivial matter.
also blurays and dvds (hd and sd respectively) have different cover artwork / discs so need to be differentiated between.
You could create 2 playlists that separate the sd from the hd content and have 2 entries on your home screen (blu ray and dvd) so you get to choose which version you want - you could (although not a good way to go) create sets for these entries so you would have only one entry in your list but would still have to click on the set and physically choose the hd or sd version.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
It is trivial. I was just curious more than anything. It sounds like it would be a change in the main code of XBMC rather than something I could handle in the skin or as a stand alone add-on. Thanks for the answer.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
yep - to be honest it could be a lot of work for the benefits you get from it
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SD/HD Movie Sorting Question0