Linux Subtitle rendering casue video stutter occasionally
Anyone have an occasional video stutter when xbmc renders subtitles first few times (mostly with CAP letters, italics which hasn't been rendered before) with nvidia drivers and current xbmc git version?

I have Nvidia GTX660Ti an I've tried different settings in drivers, xorg config and xbmc settings. Lowering resize algorithm helps little bit but can't get rid of it completely. It happens on 720/1080p and is definitely related to subtitle rendering because when I turn subtitles off there is no stutter. There is nothing at all when this happens in xbmc debug log or anywhere else.

I remember having similar issue few years ago with ION, but it never happened with gtx560ti/660ti until I upgraded from Eden where it worked flawlessly with VDPAU Sharpness 0.30 + Lanczos3 resizer. I believe only bilinear resizer doesn't cause stutter, but the better scaling resizer the higher chance of video stutter to happen.

I have triplebuffer on (helpedfor most of the cases) and Powermizer set to Maximum Performance, GTX660Ti has plenty of horsepower so playback should be perfect like in Eden and I have to be missing something...
Same problem here with my HTPC. Never had it before only on my ATV.
Try to enable "Override ASS/SSA subtitles fonts". The coloring and shadowing of the subtitles can make it stutter but still it doesn't remove it completely for me. This started to become a problem in the xbmc 12.x for me even though the order version also could do this but very rare.
I can try but I have the problem not with ASS/SSA subtitles but simple SRT tpye.
I have this problem with normal .srt subtitles (I don't use any other formats at all). I even tried Override ASS/SSA subtitle fonts option when trying to fix the issue to rule it out, but it didn't help too.

I've run out of ideas how to get this stutter gone. It's like 1-3 video frames skip/pause, but it really is irritating whenever it happens.
@ezechiel1917 you could try xbmc from my repo. It has already buffering of frames in output stage.
@ FernetMenta I would try that too. How do I install it ?
on ubuntu, use this ppa: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-xvba
I cant't say that I tested it too much as I installed that ppa just 2 minutes ago but it seems that the hicup problem with the subtitles is fixed : )
I've been running xvba for a while and I can confirm there is no more subtitle rendering stutter with it.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle rendering casue video stutter occasionally0