Can't get TV programs to show under "TV Shows" on Home screen
Hi,

I'm running xbmc with the Rapier skin. I can't seem to get my TV shows I'm adding via Videos to show under the "TV Shows" section on the homescreen.

My files are based on a USB hard drive shared via NFS from another Pi in the house. This works fine and I can play files off it. I'm adding my files by adding the folder from the NFS share via the Videos section. Ideally I want these to show in "TV Shows" for easy access, but they don't. I've been reading up and have tried renaming files, but that hasn't worked.

Oddly enough one folder works and shows up. Even then only the first 5 episodes display, although the names are all in the same format.

ShowName 01x01 - EpisodeName1.avi
ShowName 01x02 - EpisodeName2.avi
ShowName 01x03 - EpisodeName3.avi

Shows named like this won't show up

show.name.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi
Show.Name.S01E02.avi

I've also tried having them in one folder with just S01E01.avi as the file name. Nothing.

My log file from /var/log/xbmc.log is here
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13377

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
A debug log which shows you performing a scan of your tv shows might be helpful, the log you provided is of no use whatsoever.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'll find the debug log and post it. I'm new to xbmc in general.
Here's the debug log (I think this is right anyway)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13397

I tried to add Mad Men previously, but for the purpose of testing I tried adding Gavin and Stacey Season 3 while debugging was running on the pi.

Just found this in the logs, which might explain it

22:54:56 T:2929345600 WARNING: No information found for item 'nfs://192.168.1.83/media/tv/Gavin And Stacey - Season 3/gavin and stacey s03e05.avi', it won't be added to the library.
Other than CEC log spam (grrr!) all I see is NFS errors, so it looks to me like your NFS is not setup correctly, or is failing for some reason.

I've found XBMC NFS mounts to be ridiculously unreliable and flakey (with OpeneELEC on both x86 and Raspberry Pi, using FreeNAS 8.3.0-RELEASE and earlier versions) so my advice would be to switch to OS NFS mounts (add the mount command to /storage/.config/autostart.sh if you're using OpenELEC) but if you want to stick with XBMC mounts (I don't recommend it) then check your NAS is exporting NFS correctly.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks, I'll look into NFS. It is mounted in the OS rather than xbmc, but it's a very basic configuration I set up so might need tweaking. I can play the files from the nfs share without a problem by going into Videos, so they do play. They just won't show under TV shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get TV programs to show under "TV Shows" on Home screen0