Raspberry Pi losing movie info
Hey there everyone, I am looking for some help.  I have a synology NAS dirve with all of my Movies and TV Shows on for which I access through my Raspberry Pi 4 running 18.2 Leia. 

I have everything running properly, all information gets scraped correctly.  The issue comes when the NAS loses power and switches off.  After it switches back on, Kodi wont play anything under movies or TV Show tabs, all of the infomation is there, but nothing will play.

When I access the NFS location under videos, everything is as per normal I can access and play videos here, but not under the Movies or TV Shows Tab.

So everytime the NAS loses power for whatever reason I have to clean library and then update, which is annoying and time consuming.  I never had this trouble when accessing movies through a computer which switches on/off all the time.

Any help would be great thanks
It sounds like the path to your NAS changes each time you restart it, but that does not explain why you can still play them in Videos>files

Setup a static IP address for your NAS.

If you provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to play an unplayable movie, we might see something in the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-19, 02:54)Karellen Wrote: It sounds like the path to your NAS changes each time you restart it, but that does not explain why you can still play them in Videos>files

Setup a static IP address for your NAS.

If you provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to play an unplayable movie, we might see something in the log.
Thanks Karellen, I will try and do that first and see what happens

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi losing movie info0