Win Buffering Issues as of Frodo
Sad 
Hi There,

As of Frodo Release, I have noticed continuing Buffering problems, getting to the point that every 5 minutes, "Buffering", Looking around the forums I see that this is a more and more common thing, however there seems to be no answer, other than go back to EDEN. I even tried that, but my library would have to be completely rebuilt, 2500 movies and 140 tv series, noooooooooooo. Scary,

Basically, from what I can gather, the Video rendering system was changed for Frodo (please forgive me if my terminology is wrong, Im not a programmer), and this is whats causing this problem for some of us.

Please, A switch in the options to use the old rendering system, if that's how it works, or some sort of fix.

I am running XBMC on Several 2 Core machines around the house, with ATI and NVidia Graphics cards, and the info is streamed from Netgear DGN3700v2 router connected to my i7 server.

I never had a problem like this on eden, and If I play any file off the network, using Windows media player, No problems.

Thanks for your time and effort in this matter in advance.

OzDrDj
I had a similar experience. The problem went away for me when I disabled the PVR plugins. They were too buggy to use anyway. For whatever reason, it was accessing the CPU/network even when I wasn't watching the PVR, and would cause issues if I was playing anything back from my NAS drives.
Hey Relayer35,
Thanks for the Idea, now, How do I do that, lol. Ive been through all the menus, and the only thing I can find vith PVR is in the TV menu, however, I don't have that enabled. I am only using Weather, Video, Movies, TV Shows. Is there somewhere else I can disable the PVR?
Cheers
OzDrDj
Play around with your audio settings...90% of the time people have it badly configured after moving to frodo and it causes stuttering

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Hi!

Just for kicks, check to see that "flow control" in your nic/network card settings is enabled.
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Thanks for the input guys. Audio is on direct sound, but I did find that info on the forums, and mucked around with the audio a few times, although I have it on the most basic setting there is, which from Direct Sound Analog 2.1, and Flow Control is on, lol.
I don't get it, The machines should be fast enough, and everything worked fine on eden,
weirdness for sure.
I have also read somewhere that changing from smb to nfs may be an option, Although im not sure how to do that yet, im sure there is a guide out there somewhere, but would that make any difference?
Cheers All
Ok, I figured out what's going on. its the HD bitrate is too high, too much data, I've just cut the bitrate back in my conversions. From 2000 kbps to 1200kbps and problem is solved with only a minor noticeable loss in quality.
Thanks guys.
How did you go about doing that? I'm having the same buffering issue and its driving me nuts. Im trying to play a 720p .mkv file on a MORE than powerful enough system but it buffers a minute into watching it. There seems to be no solid answer to this and i didnt want to start yet another thread!
(2013-04-30, 10:51)OzDrDj Wrote: Ok, I figured out what's going on. its the HD bitrate is too high, too much data, I've just cut the bitrate back in my conversions. From 2000 kbps to 1200kbps and problem is solved with only a minor noticeable loss in quality.
Thanks guys.

How did you adjust the "HD bitrate"?
yes please share this as I have the exact same issue.
please mate, if you can post a how to...would really appreciate that
(2014-01-24, 18:06)josh_zn Wrote: please mate, if you can post a how to...would really appreciate that
He is probably reducing it using Blu-ray conversion software. HandBrake is an excellent choice for this job...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering Issues as of Frodo1