Solved Help with strange hang up
So I have two identical systems; Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, same mobo, cpu, gpu, memory, etc. Both have XBMC 12.1 and I checked the settings within XBMC and both seem identical. These two systems get the movies from my nas box. I did my Microsoft updates weeks ago, but this problem was occurring prior to those updates. I have Gb throughout the home and new LAN lines were also added.

To not confuse anyone, computer A works fine. Computer B has the hang up

The problem, when I go to my T.V. shows and I drill down to an episode; if I click the episode on computer A the show launches immediately. But if I go to computer B and I click the same show, at the bottom right corner I get the circle that says "working" and it hangs for about 37 seconds and then the show plays.

I don't why this is occurring only on this machine. I turned off the firewall and same results; turned off anti-virus and same results.

So I wonder if XBMC on computer B has some sort of scanning going on because those check marks do not show up on the episodes on computer B; even if the show has been seen. Only after the T.V. show has started and then I press "X" then is when I see the check marks indicating which episodes have been watched.

Does anyone know if maybe I have a setting wrong; something I missed? Or is there a setting within the XBMC folders that may be corrupted or bad? Pretty stumped here on why this one machine does this. I also have 2 more computers that are different in parts and they do not have this issue. So one out of 4 computers has this issue. Any advisement would be grateful.
This will be easiest solved by looking at a debug log (wiki) first, could you make one?
Here you go

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13484

Do you want me to also run the debug on the good computer to see the differences?
Also just seen that this does occur with my movies. However, once the movie or T.V. show starts; if you stop the movie or T.V. show and go to another one the issue does not occur. Not sure if that helps, but something to let you know about.
So another problem has arisen, not sure if this is related, but it only happens with XBMC. Issue is when I remote in to the computer with the issue of playback, if I go to "full screen" my remote screen is black. If I go to the reduced desktop mode, I can then see XBMC. Maybe this is a LAN issue or a component? But something is going on as the other computer that is the exact model is not having any of these issues.

I also tried playing another T.V. series and I got a pop up stating a playback error and to check the logs. Getting errors. Should I just uninstall XBMC, clean out my system and then reinstall?
Don't bother with this, I uninstalled XBMC, cleaned out system of remnants, reinstalled and all is well. Thanks for the help though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with strange hang up0