Passive HTPC - Streacom or HDPLEX
Hello,

I am thinking about passive HTPC for my living room. Has anybody eexperiences with both these case brands? Which is better in your opinion and why?

Thank you very much for your help.
Imho hdplex, better construction and more heatpipes
Very happy with my Streacom - I think they are prettier than the HDPlex cases personally, but that's totally subjective I guess. The slot drive, totally flat front panel and curved shape look really nice to me!

Build quality is great, and it was an easy build in all (see my signature). It's been running very stably since day one, and the temps average about 30 to 35 degrees in heavy xbmc use, so zero issues there.

Never used an HDPlex, though.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
+1 for Hdplex, great quality and support. See my signature.

Before buying I had the same issue, FC8 Evo or H3.S ? I had no possibility to test them, all I could do: read forums, reviews etc..
I will tell you my personal reasons why I went for the Hdplex. I am not saying Streacom it's not good, as bossanova said, he is happy and has great temps.

1. Motherboard compatibility list - Hdplex website has all the info you need. Streacom has a system build guide. For me it was easier to see if the motherboard was listed there or not.
Before buying I wanted to avoid any installation issue.
2. Weight: 2.5kg FC8 Evo vs 5.5kg Hdplex H3.S
3. Cooling system: Hdplex has more heatpipes and looks solid. It has a heavy, thick copper base plate that comes on top of the CPU.

4. Quick reply from Hdplex to all my questions.
Thank you for your info. It confirm me, what I think about it.

Streacom is nicer in my opinion, but HDPlex seems have better construction, heatpipes and customer support...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passive HTPC - Streacom or HDPLEX0