Syntax
ok, so i start to reskinning a few things to work with pm3 defaults. most of them work without a hitch but every so often i get an error (from withing xbmc)

self.app = xbmcgui.controllabel(75,52, 130, 32, "xbox media center", "font12", "0xffffffff")

syntaxerror: invalid syntax

anybody care to take a stab at it?
from my experience, the interpreter in xbmc seems very finnicky and quite easily crashes on valid code. sometimes, simply doing a cold reboot of the xbox will help.

it sounds like you may need to do this, since your problem is intermittent.
i don't know if it is related, but i often need to restart a script many times ( 2 - 3 times) before it launch without any error...
it was working better on previous (about 1 month ago) version of xbmc....

some script are never workin until i reboot xbmc...
yes same here... scripts sometimes need to be started 2-3 times before starting - prime example. changelog script.

then sometimes that just sits there at the loading dialog and requires a restart.
me too, confirmed
well, the reboot thing didnt help....

http://www.harshreality.org/tmp/start.py

all it is is the script for stupid videos, i originally dumped it on my box using the script installer but realized it was deformed so started working it to work with pm3 and the default backgrounds.

asteron tried his hand at guessing the issue so now we got it working without a hitch, one file pulling from the skin, now all i have to figure out is why search doesnt work....

update: there is no search function :/ just a button lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syntax0