stupid question
ok, so this is probably a stupid question but I have searched google and couldn't find an answer. During video playback in XBMC how do you get the video controls at the bottom of the screen to go away automatically. I have to hit "ESC" before they will go away.
Hi there,
I'm not sure there is an auto option. I guess it's assuming you invoked in order to do something. May be able to alter in advanced settings or by altering the videoOSD.xml..
I never got it to not-disapear automaticly. Wich skin are you using?
What did you do in the first place to get the OSD to display while watching a video? If you move the mouse, the OSD will display and then dismiss itself automatically after a few seconds. If you call up the OSD explicitly, it will remain displayed until you explicitly dismiss it (with Esc or "i", depending on how the OSD was explicitly activated).
(2013-04-23, 09:50)artrafael Wrote: What did you do in the first place to get the OSD to display while watching a video? If you move the mouse, the OSD will display and then dismiss itself automatically after a few seconds. If you call up the OSD explicitly, it will remain displayed until you explicitly dismiss it (with Esc or "i", depending on how the OSD was explicitly activated).

Only thing I have done is start a video and move the mouse. When a video starts the controls stay open. They never close. I have to hit esc key. Also, if I move my mouse they come back and again stay open.

(2013-04-23, 07:41)vbkun Wrote: I never got it to not-disapear automaticly. Wich skin are you using?

ya I can't get them to auto close either. I am using the standard theme that comes with "frodo" I believe its called confluence?

(2013-04-23, 07:02)WelshPaul Wrote: Hi there,
I'm not sure there is an auto option. I guess it's assuming you invoked in order to do something. May be able to alter in advanced settings or by altering the videoOSD.xml..

I am new to XBMC. any pointers on how to go about doing that?
Hi!

Sounds like something interfering, hard to know what exactly. Try start a video only using the keyboard, and possible disconnect the mouse for that time being.
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Or simply disable mouse support in XBMC: System/Settings > System > Input devices > Enable mouse and Touch Screen support

This will prevent the OSD from popping up inadvertently due to incidental mouse movement. Should you ever need to access the OSD, then just press "i" or Enter to display it and, to dismiss it, press "i" or Esc (respectively).
Yeah, both should work for troubleshooting the issue
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2013-04-25, 08:28)Blackkatt Wrote: Yeah, both should work for troubleshooting the issue

no idea what causes it but it was on my laptop, I was just trying it out as I was building my pc. I installed xbmc on my new pc and it doesnt do it so I'm good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stupid question0