"Addon does not have the correct structure"
Hi,

I'm trying to make my own repo. See here:

<old url, no longer valid>

When I try to install it I get "Addon does not have the correct structure". There's nothing in the log file to indicate where parsing went wrong, and I've followed other examples to the best of my ability. XML validation with xmllint passes. Does "correct structure" refer to xml structure, or file structure, or that there's a file missing from the file hierarchy?

Why isn't this working?
your linked zip works fine for me.

typically, it's cause by extra directories inside the zip. osx adds hidden crap. always.
It seems the error was because I wasn't putting the version at the end of the zip file. Eg, plugin.something-1.2.3.zip. I didn't realise that this was compulsory.

My problem now is that the repo doesn't contain the one package that I want it to; script.pydev.debug.

Updated url:

https://raw.github.com/powlo/repository....-0.0.1.zip
you hopped off irc before i had the time to answer.

the reason it shows up empty is that script.modules are hidden in the gui. your add-on declares two extension points, python.script.module and python.script. i assume you want to expose the script bit; to do so you have to put the visible extension point first in the list. i.e. move the xbmc.python.script extension point before the script module extension point.
Thanks, changing the order around worked a treat.

This puzzles me somewhat though. Why should the order I define my extensions in matter? What would happen if I created an addon that was a pure module extension? How would I be able to install it from a repo?
this was a choice on my part when i designed the repository system.

to avoid cluttering the list, and to avoid giving the impression that one can install just one extension point provided by an add-on, the first one given will be the category used to decide whether or not it should actually show in the gui. a module doesn't do anything on its own, and for that reason is hidden. it will be installed as a dependency on something (ie script/plugin) that uses it.
OK that kind of makes sense. However, can I propose that it's made explicit rather than implicit. Perhaps an attribute in the extension tag, so a snippet might look something like this:

<extension primary="true" point="xbmc.python.script" library="default.py"/>
<extension point="xbmc.python.module" library="resources/lib"/>

Alternatively, some output in the logs to say what assumtions are being made would be useful. Especially when debug is turned on.

This applies particularly to my opening post. "Addon does not have the correct structure" is a fairly opaque error message and I have no easy way of debugging it.

And I'm wondering if some "DTD" definitions might help.

(2013-04-25, 14:57)spiff Wrote: a module doesn't do anything on its own, and for that reason is hidden. it will be installed as a dependency on something (ie script/plugin) that uses it.

So an addon that only contains a xbmc.python.module will only be installed at the time it is used? Ie I install another addon at a later time that is dependent on that module. xbmc then scours its repos and installs the matching module. Is that what happens?
yup. everything listed in requires is resolved and installed if missing.
I keep getting the say responce. I put Fusion on and trying to add repo list can you help ?
(2013-09-13, 18:05)Dan21085 Wrote: I keep getting the say responce. I put Fusion on and trying to add repo list can you help ?

go ask on the fusion site. we do not support fusion it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
And please don't hijack someone else's thread on an unrelated matter.
hey all,
I'm kind of new to the whole kodi program. but when i typed in "addon does not have right structure" this link poped up. i read the earlier posts but im not that computer savvy...yet. if anybody sees this post please help if you know what this message is conveying
thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Addon does not have the correct structure"1