LIRC - Buttons twice pressed
Hi Guys,

i am currently having the following problem on my raspberry pi running xbmc with debian:
I have set up a remote device and everything works fine, but if a button on the remote gets pressed, it is executed as two presses in xbmc. The strange thing is that if i restart lirc while xbmc is open, everything works fine, but after a reboot i have to do it again.
I hope you can help me.

Cya,

Battlestr1k3
I'm no expert and just started to try to install a remote, but isn't it normal there are two presses? Once when you press the button down and once when you release it? How else would you detect you are holding down a button like the volume?
No, if you press the button, only one press should be registered. when you release it, the action should be executed once.
(2013-04-23, 19:00)Battlestr1k3 Wrote: Hi Guys,

i am currently having the following problem on my raspberry pi running xbmc with debian:
I have set up a remote device and everything works fine, but if a button on the remote gets pressed, it is executed as two presses in xbmc. The strange thing is that if i restart lirc while xbmc is open, everything works fine, but after a reboot i have to do it again.
I hope you can help me.

Cya,

Battlestr1k3

Can you see if a double key press is registered when you run irw in the shell and press some buttons on your remote, a little more information may also help the community solve your problem such as the contents of your lirc configuration files, type of remote device, OS and XBMC versions ....
Hi,

i already tried irw and there is no double-press registered, so i assume it has to do something with xbmc.
I found a temporary solution for this problem:
I wrote a service-plugin for xmbc, which starts LIRC at the start of xbmc, so LIRC is started after xbmc.
This works, but it needs much time to load, so do you have another solution?

Thank you very much for your help,

Battlestr1k3
Can't really help you dude if you dont provide a little more detail on your setup ......
So it's a Raspberry Pi running debian wheezy (arm-CPU) with xbmc installed following this way:

sudo echo "deb http://archive.mene.za.net/raspbian wheezy contrib" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mene.list
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key 5243CDED
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC - Buttons twice pressed0