Remote share: Path not found or invalid
Hey guys was hoping you could help me with an issue that is bothering me. I installed raspbmc to a raspberry pi computer and it was working very well for a few days. The other night I got home and went to watch a flick and I got the following error when trying to browse the USB drive in XMBC: Remote share: Path not found or invalid.

I have all my video files loaded onto a local USB 1TB drive powered by an external USB Hub. If i ssh to the pi i can browse /media/USB and see all the files in the directory no problem.

Some steps I took already to troubleshoot:
I have swapped USB drives
reformatted the drive NTFS and FAT32
I have replaced the pi hardware itself thinking it might be a hardware issue
I bypassed the USB hub and plugged devices directly into the computer
restarted numerous times
and finally formatted the SD card and re-installed RASPBMC.

I am quite perplexed by this one. Does anyone know what might be causing the issue? Please let me know if there are any log files or debugs you might want to see.
  • Verify the correct path to your USB drive is defined as a video source in XBMC. If you see a defined source with an invalid path, remove this source and, if prompted, remove the associated library entries.
  • When adding your video source, use the Browse option to navigate to the correct path/location of your drive. When prompted, specify the content type and scraper for this video source, and allow it to refresh the library with this content.
  • Go to Videos > Files and see if you can navigate to the defined source location, see the files listed and play a file.
  • Go to Videos > Library and see if you see your movies listed under the various views (Genre, Title, etc.) and that you can play a movie.
  • If the files still can't be accessed on the drive, enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC and reproduce the error. Upload the debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.
Quote:Verify the correct path to your USB drive is defined as a video source in XBMC. If you see a defined source with an invalid path, remove this source and, if prompted, remove the associated library entries.

- There are no video sources as yet after the re-install. What I am trying to do is add the first one being a directory called "Movies" on the USB drive.

Quote:When adding your video source, use the Browse option to navigate to the correct path/location of your drive. When prompted, specify the content type and scraper for this video source, and allow it to refresh the library with this content.

- When going to Videos > Files, I can see the USB drive but when I select it and hit enter I get the specified error.

Quote:Go to Videos > Files and see if you can navigate to the defined source location, see the files listed and play a file.

- Same as above, no dice =(

Quote:Go to Videos > Library and see if you see your movies listed under the various views (Genre, Title, etc.) and that you can play a movie.
If the files still can't be accessed on the drive, enable debug logging in XBMC and reproduce the error. Upload the debug log to http://www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.

Here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13752 thank you for your prompt reply.
That's not a debug log. You need to enable debug logging, reproduce your problem and post a new log.
Sorry about that. Here try this one: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13760
Anyone able to take a look at the debug and see why it won't browse to the USB drive?
Anyone have any ideas? This one is really killing me.
You may have better luck in the Raspberry Pi support forum on this site. If you like, I can move this thread there for you.
That is fine. Whatever you think is best.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote share: Path not found or invalid0