Solved TV Scraper not recognizing new episodes (Insertion failed because database is full)
I'm running OpenELEC on my Raspberry Pi. It's been humming along without a hiccup for a couple of months now.

Last night I added a new episode of a TV Show to my external harddrive, same folder as previous episodes, same naming convention. I was perplexed when neither "Scan for New Content" in the Library or "Update Library" caused the new episode to show up.

My first thought was: this being a brand new episode, perhaps TVDB had not been updated yet. I checked on my laptop, and the episode is indeed listed, so that's not the issue.

Even more confusing: I removed the entire show from the library, and then did another "Update Library", thinking that might work. Now it's not finding ANY of the episodes! Even the ones that were in the Library before.

I went into the file structure (in the XBMC GUI) and located the folder for the show, and tried "TV Show Information" in the contextual menu. This brings up a picklist ("Select TV Show"). One of the items in the list is the correct show. I pick it, get a brief "Loading TV Show Details" progress bar, and then a "No Info Found!" message.

Like I said, I am sure the TVDB listing is there, both because I checked the site AND because the other episodes worked before.

I've also had some freezing/crashing issues over the last couple of days...not sure if those might be symptoms of the same problem. Like I said before, we've gone a couple of months with absolutely no issues, so I don't think there's anything fundamental wrong with the setup. But then again, you guys are the experts!

Thanks in advance,
JV
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Whenever i've had this problem its been because of weird characters in filename/foldername. I know certain versions of the latest episode of a series that rhymes with cannibal had accented letter in filename which caused problems.
Thanks for the response Arogantis. Sounded promising, but no luck. Thanks anyway!

nickr, I also can`t get it to download the debug log uploader. I click install, get a 0% progress bar, then a ``working`` message in the bottom right corner, and then the progress bar disappears. No error message, no nothing,

Got me thinking that it could be an internet connection issue. I have had other shows scrape successfully since the problems began, so I don`t think my connection is totally broken, but maybe intermittent issues...are there any other possible explanations for a failure to download the debugger (and my other issues)

is there a simple place to check whether there is a working internet connection while eliminating any other variables

My laptop sees a working internet connection while xbmc is having issues, so I think I can rule out actual service interruptions....any brilliant ideas
Ping
i can ping google.com consistently (tried constantly since your post)

now im at a loss as to why i can`t download the debug uploader.

another piece of the puzzle (potentially).....i just did a reboot, and XBMC loaded up as if it was a first run (default setting like clock wrong, RSS feed on, HTTP control off, and helpful first-run popups as i access the menus). Original problem still exists.....
You don't need the upliader app. Just copy and paste the log to pastebin or use thepastebinut program if you are on linux.
From the command line:

Code:
grep -vi ceclog /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for your patience, everyone. Obviously I am the noobiest noob there is! Now I can't even find the log file! The debugger shows the same file location as you do, Milhouse, but when I SSH in and "ls", I only see the following folders:

downloads
logfiles
music
recordings
tvshows
emulators
lost+found
pictures
screenshots
videos

No "storage"! Please forgive my ridiculous Linux fumblings again. I swear I will one day be a super-user returning all of this help (or at least paying it forward to the next poor soul).

(note: "logfiles" sure sounds like it might be hiding my logfile, but the contents are all time/date-stamped and nothing is current so I assume that is a red herring)

Ahhhh, false alarm. "Storage" is the root and the "." at the beginning of xbmc means it is hidden....see? I can figure SOME things out on my own....
Debug file

http://sprunge.us/GRcT

Should capture a boot, an "update library", and a failed "TV show information" query
Code:
01:38:33 T:2832864352   ERROR: SQL: Insertion failed because database is full
                                            Query: insert into addonlinkrepo (idRepo, idAddon) values (11,2866)
01:38:33 T:2832864352   ERROR: AddAddon failed on addon 'Favourites script'
01:38:33 T:2832864352   ERROR: SQL: Insertion failed because database is full

Says your database is full.

Run "df -hT" and paste the results, but it looks like you've run out of storage space.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK, so gradually trying to educate myself....scanning through the log file I'm seeing a lot of "insertion failed because database is full". I'm guessing this may be the root of my problems. Since I can see my external HD over the network and it is less than half full, I assume the database being referred to is not the media itself, but a library key of some sort contained on the OS SD-card. I'm using a 16GB card, and I've read about lots of people using much smaller cards, so it doesn't seem like I should have filled it up. Can one of you Linux pros help me explore my card for what may have filled it up? (assuming I'm on the right track of course.....)
See above - "df -hT".
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
none 185.1M 92.0M 93.1M 50% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p1 124.7M 100.6M 24.1M 81% /flash
/dev/mmcblk0p2 755.9M 755.9M 0 100% /storage
/dev/loop0 91.9M 91.9M 0 100% /
none 186.5M 0 186.5M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 1.8T 865.1G 997.9G 46% /var/media/My Book

Sorry about the formatting (or lack thereof). Looks like you're right, though, there are a couple of 100% uses there. Did I miss an opportunity to properly partition my card at some point during the initial setup? It sure looks like most of the 16GB is going to waste somewhere.
Yep, you're out of space on /storage.

However you imaged your SD card, you haven't used all of the available space. You'll need to find a guide that will allow you to use all of the space on your SD card - it needs about 128MB for the primary FAT partition, with all remaining space allocated to the second ext4 partition.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Scraper not recognizing new episodes (Insertion failed because database is full)0