Win Video hangs and then catches up to audio, every 20 mins on the dot
I'll be watching a video and every 20 minutes exactly the video will hang briefly and then speed up to catch up to the audio. It does this with everything from 1080p dtshd-ma mkv files, to streaming youtube videos. I've read through multiple threads and have changed every setting with still the same result. I then looked into it being caused by something in Windows, changing all the different Power Options and logging processes hoping to see a pattern when this occurs, with no success.

Best I can remember, I believe it started happening when bit-streaming became available and I enabled WASAPI audio but I'm not sure.

I am using XBMC on a Win 7 32-bit OS, and through an ATI Radeon HD 5450.

Anyone else had this problem?
(2013-04-25, 01:19)xxrzdxx Wrote: Best I can remember, I believe it started happening when bit-streaming became available and I enabled WASAPI audio but I'm not sure.

Have you tried changing your audio settings?
Where is your debug log?
Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/2pRKZq8G

Issue occurs at the 22:22:06 mark
I've tried changing just about every audio setting available, both in xbmc and windows.
(2013-04-28, 17:23)xxrzdxx Wrote: I've tried changing just about every audio setting available, both in xbmc and windows.

I know it's been a while, but... Any luck with this? I've encountered the same exact issue. Every 20 minutes. Exactly as described. Even after rebooting. I find it happens at :00, :20, :40.

Thanks!
I can't quite explain it and the solution was somewhat hardware specific but may lead you on the right track. I have an h55n motherboard with onboard video/audio, but I don't use that since I have an separate ATI video card. At some point I disabled the onboard video in the BIOS, even though I have none of the outputs connected this is what caused my problem. Once I enable the onboard video again in the BIOS this blurp every 20 minutes went away.
(2014-01-26, 17:54)Friffy1 Wrote:
(2013-04-28, 17:23)xxrzdxx Wrote: I've tried changing just about every audio setting available, both in xbmc and windows.

I know it's been a while, but... Any luck with this? I've encountered the same exact issue. Every 20 minutes. Exactly as described. Even after rebooting. I find it happens at :00, :20, :40.

Thanks!

@Friffy1 Sounds to me he had/has some app /routine interfering with XBMC every 20mins. Could be some app/drivers he installed for his motherboard, most likely drivers for the On-board video.
But also drivers for chipset and so on. So check for updated drivers on your motherboard manufacturers website? if very old, check directly on the Intel website or AMD for AMD and so forth.
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2014-01-26, 18:03)xxrzdxx Wrote: I can't quite explain it and the solution was somewhat hardware specific but may lead you on the right track. I have an h55n motherboard with onboard video/audio, but I don't use that since I have an separate ATI video card. At some point I disabled the onboard video in the BIOS, even though I have none of the outputs connected this is what caused my problem. Once I enable the onboard video again in the BIOS this blurp every 20 minutes went away.

Thanks. Well, when I get a chance tonight I'll check that myself. But if I disabled the on-board video, I would have done that over a year ago, and this issue just started happening a couple of weeks ago. Interestingly enough, I have an ATI chipset on my card as well. And now I'm trying to think... I remember a new driver coming out and I installed it... on something. I just can't remember if I installed it on this machine or not. So that's the other thing I'll check.

(2014-01-27, 12:28)Blackkatt Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 17:54)Friffy1 Wrote:

Thanks!

@Friffy1 Sounds to me he had/has some app /routine interfering with XBMC every 20mins. Could be some app/drivers he installed for his motherboard, most likely drivers for the On-board video.
But also drivers for chipset and so on. So check for updated drivers on your motherboard manufacturers website? if very old, check directly on the Intel website or AMD for AMD and so forth.

@xxrzdxx Ya know, I was thinking the same thing when this first started... "Something in Windows must be polling every 20 minutes." But I couldn't imagine what it could be. This is a dedicated machine. Aside from Windows, there's XBMC, SickBeard, and SABnzbd. It's quite clean. I did a bit of research and couldn't find anything about a native Windows process that happens every 20 minutes. And then just recently I found this... And it really makes it clear to me it's NOT a Windows issue... http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=11514
So that's somebody running Raspbmc having, what seems like, the same issue.

For me, when this first happened, I bounced the machine and all seemed fine. That was maybe 2 weeks ago. Then just 2 days ago, it came back. I bounced it again, but this time it didn't fix anything.
hmm, who are you talking to? you seem even more confused them me ATM Smile and I shouldn't even be writing in this condition (hungry) hehe,

So check drivers for your mobbo, check for latest IGPU drivers, me food now, bbl, and good luck, keep us informed.
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
(2014-01-27, 18:36)Blackkatt Wrote: hmm, who are you talking to? you seem even more confused them me ATM Smile and I shouldn't even be writing in this condition (hungry) hehe,

So check drivers for your mobbo, check for latest IGPU drivers, me food now, bbl, and good luck, keep us informed.

@Blackkatt Ha. Indeed. I'll be checking for updated drivers. First I'll check to see if I can tell if I just updated them or not. That could also be the answer. I'll letchall know the result.
Hi, I've got a minix and having the same issue. It's driving me nuts. Anyone found a fix??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video hangs and then catches up to audio, every 20 mins on the dot0