Fast Switching between airplay Audio - Mac
Hi all,

Only one evening into my first adventure with XBMC and I am loving what you guys are doing/have done.

Anyway I am running the xbmx program on a macbook with Mac OS X 10.8.3 and I am airplaying the movie to an apple tv. I know I can jailbreak my ATV2 and run XBMC natively on there but that is not what I want.

I am happy to run through my mac and use the OS X airplay to send to the ATV. The thing I am struggling with is the sound. When I first tried to airplay a movie I got the picture through the ATV but the sound through the mac. I went into system settings and changed the audio output to airplay and that solved my problem.

However, I have to keep going back into the settings to switch between the outputs to get the sound back on to my mac should I chose to watch on the mac instead.

I have noticed in the audio options whilst watching a movie I get the options, along with volume and volume amplification, to switch between speakers, switch between Output source (i.e Optical/HDMI) but no option to chose between default/airplay/system speakers.

What would be nice is to bring this option into this menu. Unless there is another way to switch between the speakers without having to quit the movie and go back to the main UI to access the settings, I would love to know of a quicker way.

So, not a problem as such, just maybe my naivety or perhaps a suggestion for a tweak for the devs.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing this community with me.
Does it work if you set the xbmc output to default? And then ensure in OSX itself that it switches to internal as long as airplay is not used?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

Thanks for the prompt response. I am at work now so will try tonight but I may have found a 'quick' solution:

Here’s how to stream all system audio to a compatible AirPlay device:

Hold the Option key and click the Sound icon in the menu bar
Select the AirPlay compatible output device (Apple TV, AirPlay speakers, AirPort Express, Internal speakers, etc)

Might just be what I am looking for if the default setting plays ball in XBMC.

I'll post back later.
Setting it to default and logging in and out of XBMC has solved my issues. Thanks for the help. One happy camper here!!
Glad that default thingy is at least solving some of the problems (totally different ones though *happy*).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
HI,
I am having the same issue only i am using air parrot. Anything else that I stream such as youtube will have sound from my tv but anytime i try to watch something from xbmc it uses the internal speakers in my mac and sadly the quick fix up top did not work for me. any other suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fast Switching between airplay Audio - Mac0