• 1(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
I got some info on this in my mailbox recently. It looks very promising and was surprised there isn't a thread about it already. If you see who is behind it I'm 100% positive it will do it's job perfectly and is a good quality product.

Specs:
  • SoC – AMLogic AML8726-M3 ARM Cortex A9 @ 1GHz + Mali-400 GPU
  • System Memory – 1GB RAM
  • Storage – 4GB NAND Flash
  • Video Output – HDMI (1080p) and composite
  • Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet + 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • USB – 2x USB host ports
  • Weight – 500 g
  • Dimensions – 10 x 10 x 3 cm

EDIT 25/07/2013: Some more information provided by CODY-TLBB:
  • Runs the award winning XBMC media player and entertainment hub for digital media. Featuring the only STB to offer OTA updates running pure XBMC.
  • Custom user interface designed to make XBMC very user friendly. Featuring a setup wizard that guides first time users, with the thought in mind of people who have never seen or used XBMC before
  • Regional add-ons automatically installed at set-up.
  • Dual sided Qwerty RF remote, custom buttons designed for XBMC
  • Fully functional multimedia jukebox (All your favorite movies, music and TV shows are automatically categorized into a library)
  • Full 1080p video with HD Audio passthrough
  • Internal Storage 4GB
  • Internet Browsing: View Internet web sites on your TV using the built-in web browser. (coming soon)
  • Control with Your android or iOS Tablet or phone with TLBB remote app
  • Air Play Supported (With Airplay fully supported, you can send any music, videos or pictures with ease from your iPhone or iPad straight to your big screen)
  • Customizable User Interface: Work with media collections using cover art and icon browsing (supports Full HD graphics).
  • USB Ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices.
  • File Browser: Convenient file browser with powerful file management (copy, move, delete, rename, organize, sort).
  • Playlist Support: Build playlists from folders, use your own play lists with repeat and shuffle functions.
  • High-Quality Music Playback: Plays very high-quality music files in various formats
  • Wi-Fi: Internal Wi-Fi (b/g/n) module

It also comes with a great looking remote. If it compares with the Mele F10 remote and properly configured for use with XBMC that would be awesome.

Price is €99,99 with free shipping.

watch gallery

http://www.thelittleblackbox.nl/en

XBMC and Linux coding done by: J1NX
The Little Black Box Interface: Nessus
Also special thanks to other various team members of TLBB have put in hundreds of hours of work

So what do you think?
Amlogic.

'nough said.
Specs seem a little dated and pricey considering.
It's using a fork of the xbmc pivos fork. I believe forumuser j1nx is involved. See github; https://github.com/j1nx/xbmc/commits/master
I think when the Ouya comes out we'll have a lot better idea of what XBMC is really capable of on these tiny android pcs
@Robotica: You are correct, J1nx is involved. Wich means this isn't a closed chinese project.
@rip_king: Yes, but the Ouya comes with a controller instead of a remote. If you buy a seperate remote the pricepoint isn't the same.
That is a nice remote..
Maybe a good idea for them to sell the remote seperatly aswell + provide the XBMC keybinds?
(2013-04-27, 13:24)Nu7s Wrote: @Robotica: You are correct, J1nx is involved. Wich means this isn't a closed chinese project.
@rip_king: Yes, but the Ouya comes with a controller instead of a remote. If you buy a seperate remote the pricepoint isn't the same.

I was referring to the idea more that the Ouya is an officially supported platform by the XBMC devs.
Isn't it just a xios in bigger box with component output
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
I was reading on another forum that the hardware specs are not set in stone yet, I want to check it out and see how it runs maybe it will be decent enough to throw away my boxee box
MMM very interesting project..
Anyone ordered one yet?
Doubting between this, the rasp pi and the pivos xios
M3? Nice remote nonetheless, looks like the Mele. After being on quad and dual though.....kind reverting back to the likes of a pivos xios\g-box 1 with a new remote.
I expected J1nx to give some more info, but I guess he's busy.

@ Skank: You can't go wrong with a rasp pi. It's good for a million uses, so if you don't like it as a media player, you can still make it into a downloader/nas/ip-camera etc...
(2013-05-27, 10:51)Nu7s Wrote: so if you don't like it as a media player, you can still make it into a downloader/nas/ip-camera etc...

I already own a downloader/nas, no need for camera, so options there are truly minimized
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33