• 4(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
Thanks, The Revo has a large power button on it too...

I'm sure TLBB is meant to be able to do passthrough, although waiting on confirmation of which formats it can pass.

Also, running the J1nx linux build on another device will be slightly less optimized than running TLBB where everything has been done specific to the device, so should see slightly better performance.
Am not sure how specific it can get as the tlbb will be very similar to the current amlogic soc but will let j1nx comment on that.

It will pass through upto but not including hd I am sure, which for most people is enough I think.

In terms of revo power button .. sometimes it's a pain getting off the couch Smile
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
(2013-06-01, 14:19)davilla Wrote:
(2013-06-01, 14:10)riconster Wrote: The question is a serious question:

It will be possible to modify "The LIttle Black Box" and install Plex?

And I would like to get an answer.

Thank you.

Myabe you should ask on plex forums, this is XBMC forums here in case you did not notice.

Thanks for your answer davilla but the question was not for you.

My question is for j1nx, who represents a company that sells a product that I want to buy and who should respond to customers doubts about your product.

Thank you.
(2013-06-02, 22:36)riconster Wrote:
(2013-06-01, 14:19)davilla Wrote:
(2013-06-01, 14:10)riconster Wrote: The question is a serious question:

And I would like to get an answer.

Thank you.

Myabe you should ask on plex forums, this is XBMC forums here in case you did not notice.

Thanks for your answer davilla but the question was not for you.

My question is for j1nx, who represents a company that sells a product that I want to buy and who should respond to customers doubts about your product.

Thank you.

It doesn't matter who the question was directed at. You didn't take the hint, so I'm going to tell you flat out: stop asking about Plex or you will get your butt kicked off our forums. We are not Plex support.
(2013-06-03, 00:04)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm going to tell you flat out: stop asking about Plex or you will get your butt kicked off our forums. We are not Plex support.

_removed offensive material_ (mod edit)

When you say "get your butt kicked off our..." means that the Americans racist in Arizona do with migrant workers?

It was a technical question, of course I have no interest in being part of a forum controlled by people who consider violence and authoritarianism their standard of living.

Mr. J1nx, I bought your product and as a customer I hope the answer to my question, I wish your company to contact me and resolve my doubts.

A greeting.
Good bye and crawl back in the hole you came from
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
no, it is not possible.
Not to be egregious, but since this threads got plenty of "eyes-on" recently maybe I could pose an off-topic question

The quote below is a common grammatical mistake that seems to be made within these forums more than any other that I read
(2013-06-02, 22:36)riconster Wrote: It will be possible to modify "The LIttle Black Box" and install Plex?
The sentence above is declarative, but the intent of the post seems to be interrogative so they throw a question mark at the end. Do any of you think the commonality for all of these is merely the result of typographical mistakes or some (unknown to me) root cause translation problem?
(2013-06-03, 22:55)j1nx Wrote: no, it is not possible.

A little disappointing that a company called "Hackable Gadgets" sell something called "The Little Black Box" that can not be hacked or run a different system than originally included. Plex is open source and is based on XBMC so easily could be installed in "The Little Black Box". Or you sell a closed hardware can only run XBMC? I think not. That would be like something that made a company called "Boxee".

If it is impossible to hack "The Little Black Box" to run XBMC or Plex as my choice, cancel my order and give me a refund.
You are mixing a couple of things.
1) J1nx is a company, which is a non-profit type of business.
2) The under 1 mentioned company focusses on "hackable gadgets"
3) TheLittleBlackBox is a commercial product derived from a opensource project to support the under 1 mentioned company.
4) The under 3 mentioned box is sold and supported as is; With XBMC

Nothing prevents you, to use your under 3 mentioned box to head over to under 1 mentioned companies website, starting a thread on the forums and start Hacking. Like you said your self;
Quote:Plex is open source and is based on XBMC so easily could be installed in "The Little Black Box".
Happy Hacking!

But if that is not how you visioned it, please mention your order number and I am most happy to issue a refund.
(2013-06-05, 19:13)neurona Wrote: Plex is open source and is based on XBMC

Only the x86_64 based media center is open source and licensed under GPL. The server and all ARM based apps are closed source
(2013-05-28, 09:13)j1nx Wrote: Specs are as good as fixed now, other than that we removed the RCA connections at the back and rerouted one USB port to the internal remote dongle.

Does this mean there's no analog audio output anymore? And only one USB? Website info is rather scarce and half of it is in dutch Smile Remote IR or RF? What linux distro does it use? What power source you supply with it? Are there memory card slot? What's left avalible of 4gb internal memory? How much for shipping in Europe?
And the most important: what about hardware video acceleration?
Did anyone receive a device? I ordered it and can't wait to get my hands on it. Smile

A question for j1nx: Will it be possible to add applications compiled from source, i.e. transmission and plugin to control it?

(2013-06-06, 10:37)relyter Wrote: How much for shipping in Europe?

Shipping for Spain was free. I assume it's the same for the rest of Europe.
@J1nx: What I'm most interested in: does it support powering on from OFF state (S5)?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
The device has been delayed for another 15 days. This time they claim they will have everything ready by the end of June. A bit dissapointed, but I will survive.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33