Differentiate between movie genres, my own way ???
I just got ACE and I'm having a similar problem, I have created a smart playlist "Kid's movies" and it works, all the right movies are in there but all my kids movies are still in the "Movies" ...how do I keep them separated?
All your films will show up in Movies. If you want an 'adult' list then make another playlist - and hide the 'Movies' button if you want.
I separate films using the sub-menu, so 'Movies' shows me everything but if I click down I see a sub-menu with 'kids', 'family', 'adults' etc. How you do it depends on the look you want, but 'Movies' will always show all your scanned films.
Yes you have to create a smart playlist for every genre you want to seperate in the menu. I do hide the default "Movie" cause I just want the subgenre buttons on my menu and I don't like the submenu system. When I found out that the menu is limited to 5 extra buttons I followed Samu-rais advice and made 5 playlist and add them as favourites. Now I have 10 menu buttons with 10 different genres beside weather and music. It works like a threat. There is still some design differences in the interface between normal playlist button and a favorite button (like showing recent added movies as a row on the top of the screen. Playlist option shows this, favorite not, as far as I can see), but this is minor and no problem at all. Still I hope the good folks at xbmc will give us more option to add as many button as we like with the standard smart playlist option.

I do switch between MQ4 and ACE, but I do love Ace the most!
Br
Harald
May I renew this discussion in a different way?
I know how to have menu/submenu items for different genres. But I have many menu items already.
I'm looking for another way of showing movies per genre:
Is there a way of grouping movies per genre in the main window. Something like sets. When you click on one genre set you will see all relevant movies.
Is this possible in Ace?
Thanks
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Differentiate between movie genres, my own way ???0