Channel switching from OSD channel list not working
Hi there,

I have noticed that in the last nightlies I can´t change channels from the DialogPVRChannelOSD anymore. If I'm in fullscreen and pick a new channel from the list it simply exits me to the main menu of xbmc. Tried different skins - seems it has been introduced withn the nightlies at beginning of April.
From within EPG view channel switching is working ...

I also noticed that the prev/next channel group handling has changed - not sure if it has anything to do with it.

Cheers,

h3ll
finding the same with the latest 12.2 pre version of xbmc for raspbmc and openelec for atv1 using dvbviewer addon.
With 12.2 I can’t use the number of the channel nor the OSD menu nor the up and down arrows to change channels. I only can change channels from the channel list.

12.1 and 12.0 doesn’t have this problem.

I have tested it in Windows and Linux with same result.
You are right tried the numbers as well - not working too. Seems to be related to watching live tv and then trying to change the channel - whereas it is working from the epg channel list.
I'm on windows - tried 12.2 and latest nigthlies again. Still persists. I'm using dvbviewer addon - just to mention as it could as well be related to the pvr addon we are using.

Which pvr addon do you use?
(2013-05-05, 11:38)h3llsp4wn Wrote: You are right tried the numbers as well - not working too. Seems to be related to watching live tv and then trying to change the channel - whereas it is working from the epg channel list.
I'm on windows - tried 12.2 and latest nigthlies again. Still persists. I'm using dvbviewer addon - just to mention as it could as well be related to the pvr addon we are using.

Which pvr addon do you use?

I use an external binary add-on to see IPTV channels from my spanish ISP, Movistar. Infinbox IPNA Module (backend) and XBMC Add-on

But I have also tested the issue on pvr demo with same result.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14307
Wink 
xbmcuser2000 - you answered my next question Big Grin - shall I open a ticket Nod

cheers,

h3ll
Same here, changing channels from channels dialog or by pressing Next\Prev in fullscreen, exits to main menu. Very anoying
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
I have found what this commit broke channel switch behavior. I created the patch file which will fix issue. Solution here.
Good news - as we have seen no progress here.

I guess I will have to setup my environment in order to compile on my own Wink

Cheers,

h3ll
(2013-05-16, 13:34)afedchin Wrote: I have found what this commit broke channel switch behavior. I created the patch file which will fix issue.

You'd better poke the addon authors instead patching the old hack back into the code. Channels switch works perfectly fine with tvheadend and vnsi. The log mentioned by the trac ticket shows that selecting a new channel just times out. Default scan timeout is 10 sec. After this period eof is assumed and playback stops.
(2013-05-16, 13:34)afedchin Wrote: I have found what this commit broke channel switch behavior. I created the patch file which will fix issue.

Thanks for this i will try it out. Based on what was said in the bug ticket we might not get an official fix till gotham so this is very welcome.
This should fix it. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2757
(2013-05-17, 09:12)FernetMenta Wrote: This should fix it. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2757

You devs are absolute legends. Thank you. Even bigger thanks if you can get it into 12.2?? Smile
The pull request mentioned above which "broke" channel switching for addons using a particular method was open for quite a while and we have paged other addon devs but did not get any response.
Would be great to get feedback here if this fixed the issue for what addons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel switching from OSD channel list not working2