Win HD Audio Issues - AMD / Win7
First post here after battering my head against the wealth of forum posts/guides etc on the forum to try to solve my problem. Any and all help most gratefully received! Hopefully I've covered everything, but if not please let me know and I can provide more info. Thanks in advance!

Rick

Issue:

When playing media bitstreaming DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD, FPS drops to around 3.9fps with the occasional green colour washing of the screen, and no audio plays, though the relevant logo's light up on my receiver. Changing the audio stream to AC / DTS corrects the issue immediately.

I've removed all realtek drivers and AMD drivers, completely reinstalled the latest 13.4 catalyst drivers and followed the relevant set up guides as per screens. For the life of me I can't figure the issue!

Hardware:

Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI Mini-ITX
AMD 7850 1GB
Intel 2500k
8Gb (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Ram
Crucial M4, Seagate 2tb HDD Local Media storage

Onkyo HT-R548 AVR

Software:

XBMC: v12.1 Frodo

XBMC Log:

http://pastebin.com/Y4NEYsRn

Screens:

Last image as only 6 per post:

Did u tried using previous catalyst versions? This seems more like a driver problem then anything else.
Thanks vbkun, I've tried 13.1, 13.2 and now 13.4 each with the same issue.

Rick
DId u try 12.x?

I found some posts relating gui slowdown on ati 13.x (and not going on ati 12.x) but u may have just found another prob. relating xbmc and 13.x.

Also, my advice when u suspect bout drivers problems is testing with bigger steps, like 11.x,12.x,13.x
Thanks vbkun, on your suggestions I have tried 12.10 unsuccessfully. My card being a 7850 I don't believe I can go as far back as 11.x

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

Rick
try switching your Audio Output Device to Directsound (if it's an option or just cycle through each one and test them one by one but i think directsound worked for me) i was getting slow motion or stuttering when trying to play a 720p or 1080p while it was switch to WASAPI changing to directsound helped

(BTW i also use Aeon Nox Skin i just installed clean install on my Main Desktop PC to provide this screenshot )

or

have you tried switching to analog and seeing how it plays then

also try disabling each reciever option one by one and playing the video after each disable essentially process of elimination i have a 5.1ch sony home theatre setup and found just switching to analog i still get nice loud sound but i have also tried switching off ones and testing them out i cannot remember off the top of my head what and if it worked as it has been a while but perhaps give it ago if you have not already
Also be sure in CCC that under Video>Color>Basic video color, u have checked use the player settings, NOT the AMD settings.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
HD Audio will only work if u stick to wasapi...
Disable "using a fullscreen Windows...", and try to Set a speaker configuration of 2.0 in xbmc...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
I think the crucial thing here is that the driver is only reporting 6 as the Max Number of Channels in the Supported Formats window, this needs to be 8 for XBMC when sending HD audio. This suggests to me an EDID issue between driver and your AVR, so you'll need an EDID override to get the correct number of channels reported.

You need to head over to this thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-o...-ati-5xxxs on AVSForum and see if Tulli can help you out.
Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. With some careful direction from the thread jjd-uk pointed me to, and trial and error settings in xbmc, I've not got bit-streaming working perfectly. Final setup was the generic LCDTV (Samsung) and Onkyo EDID override, despite my Panasonic TV and different model AVR. Setup in XBMC needed to be set as I already has it, and the system needed to be configured in Windows to 5.1 with non full range speakers.

Thanks again everyone who offered ideas.

Rick
(2013-05-04, 13:15)ACE01 Wrote: Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. With some careful direction from the thread jjd-uk pointed me to, and trial and error settings in xbmc, I've not got bit-streaming working perfectly. Final setup was the generic LCDTV (Samsung) and Onkyo EDID override, despite my Panasonic TV and different model AVR. Setup in XBMC needed to be set as I already has it, and the system needed to be configured in Windows to 5.1 with non full range speakers.

Thanks again everyone who offered ideas.

Rick

sorry that i reopen an old post, but i have the same AVR and the same problem.
could you please explain step by step how you solve the problem?

i have read the links from jjd-uk, but im lost..

thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio Issues - AMD / Win70