Restoring Custom menu settings
Some how I have lost custom menu settings after an XBMC crash. It loaded the default skin.
Could not restore the Aeon Nox skin even after reboot this time.
Where are the custom menu settings stored?
XBMC v16.1 Jarvis, Aeon Nox 5.1.1
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1, CPU: AMD A8-3850 Quad Core Fusion,
MB: ASUS F1A75 V PRO, RAM: 4GB, Video: on board(HDMI), Sound: on board (HDMI),
TV Tuner: Hauppauge HVR-2200
AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
The settings are gone. When XBMC started with default skin I exited from XBMC but still no Aeon Nox skin so I went in to the skin menus and enabled it again. This must have overwritten my guisettings.xml with the default.
How annoying. I will have to go through the customization again. Besides backing up the user data to restore it if it happens again, anyway to prevent this from happening again?
The guisettings.xml file is updated everytime you use XBMC; however, it shouldn't be deleted by the application itself. Is your userdata (wiki) directory (where guisettings.xml resides) located on your local drive or on a remote drive/system? It almost seems as if XBMC can't write the updates to the file or somehow loses connection to the path where the file is located.
(2013-04-28, 23:46)artrafael Wrote: The guisettings.xml file is updated everytime you use XBMC; however, it shouldn't be deleted by the application itself. Is your userdata (wiki) directory (where guisettings.xml resides) located on your local drive or on a remote drive/system? It almost seems as if XBMC can't write the updates to the file or somehow loses connection to the path where the file is located.
I used to be running XBMC from another account with lower privileges but that was giving me troubles with add-ons but now run it from the main admin account. This is the only account on the machine using userdata on the local system.
I don't know how it defaulted to base skin after I ran XBMC again. Its just looks like it lost userdata directory and I was runing the XBMC for the very first time.
Anyway the userdata still contains my smart playlists so hasn't totally lost everything, just a matter of setting up the gui settings again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restoring Custom menu settings0