Raspberry PI vs Pivos XIOS
(2013-04-29, 00:14)Mick1152 Wrote: For their current $110 price point, I'm much happier with my Celeron 847 build which was only slightly more expensive.

Any pointers on your build? Did you get HDD or SSD or are you booting from a usb drive? What kind of power does it draw at idle and say displaying 1080p?

I'm looking for something around $150, that is quiet, consumes 20W or less while loaded and can fit behind my wall mounted television (seems that some of the mini ITX cases could fit). I currently use Raspberry Pi's and their just too sluggish for the girlfriend.

Thanks for any help!
(2013-09-11, 19:10)rushingjs Wrote: I currently use Raspberry Pi's and their just too sluggish for the girlfriend.

Now, are you looking for new HTPC or girlfriend...Devil
(2013-09-12, 16:02)glypto Wrote: Now, are you looking for new HTPC or girlfriend...Devil

Haha, HTPC preferably. Using it for PVR and a large media collection just seems to run it into the ground at times (~30sec -1 minute wait times) even with the latest builds and speedup methods. It's a great little board, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to be able to set it and forget it. I have a main HTPC that runs my MythTV backend and a plex server to share my media with my friends. I just ordered a 30 foot HDMI and usb extender so I can keep in in my office but have the HDMI display to the living room and FLIRC receiver plugged into the usb extender for remote control. I think that's the best use of my money and equipment, and we'll just deal with the Pi's in the bedrooms until the ODroid-U2 or something similar comes down in price and more stable builds come to fruition.
(2013-05-01, 20:12)solamnic Wrote: Buy a cheap universal remote Wink

Yup. Harmony 200's are like £20-25 now. I have 2!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry PI vs Pivos XIOS0