Cant get full screen display
IPAD1 hi guys newbie here I have xmbc installed on my ipad 1 but I can't get it to display full screen on my HDTV, will buying Apple TV 2 or other streaming box provide me with full screen....
I guess you are using the hdmi adapter? Follow the wiki and do it right - and it will work ...
thanks memphz, yes im useing the hdmi adapter, when u mention wiki do u mean follows instructions on here..orry im not very good with computer language
The iOS FAQ (wiki) on the wiki. The thing we ask you to read before posting.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ut_to_a_TV
hi guys i have followed wiki as mentioned by ned scott above but my ipad1 will not let me change the video display to option #2....i have installed the new version of xmbc but it wont let me change....everything about xmbc works flawless but i cant get full screen when watching movies...am i doing something wrong or do i need an apple tv 2 so i can watch full screen movies
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you attempt to use video out? That will tell us if XBMC is detecting the true second screen or not.
Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22429
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22430

hi ned thanks so much for your help here is the log
XBMC only sees the internal screen when it starts up. Make sure the HDMI adapter is plugged in before starting XBMC.
Still wont let me click on display after following your advice, is there anything I could try or does my ipad 1 not support this option Sad
Well at least you should hear the ios system sounds from the TV when connected via HDMI (i mean outside of XBMC). It works for me with the original HDMI Adapter on an iPad1 - it is supported for sure. Its just that your iPad doesn't seem to see the TV (at least XBMC doesn't - nothing we can do about that. We ask iOS "Show me all attached screens" and it returns "There is no screen attached dude").

Ensure that you don't have any 3rdparty tvout apps installed.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
cheers ned and memphiz.......i finally got it to run on full screen after deleted 3rd party app tvout as u mentioned memphiz....but now have run into another problem as it all gone touch screen and i cant seem to input correctly,im going search this forum for an answer so i dont bug antone any more
Yep when tvout to tv is activated the whole ipad will be a touch remote. The gestures should be printed on the ipad - not sure what your problems you have with those - mind telling me?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant get full screen display1