[Feature Request] Movie Sets Display Style Change
Lightbulb 
First, thank you for an amazing skin. I have literally tried just about all the skins, and still can not find one I would rather use than Transparency!

Recently I have added all of my movies into sets, to keep things nice and organized. I notice that when Transparency! displays sets, the cover is gold, with multiple disk images in the top bar of the disk case to show that in fact it is displaying a "set".

What I was wondering, or really hoping for honestly, is a little tweak to this. Through searching, I have noticed that the style of sets images is now universally accepted as a disk case, with the set disks "hanging out of the case". There are currently 500 set images in this style, and it has become the standard such as Logo, ClearArt and such have in the past.

The problem is that when this new art is displayed in Transparency, It is a case, inside of a case, and the aspect ratio is then off as well.

This is how it displays currently in Transparency:

This is how I would like to see it: (A Photoshop Mock-Up)

If this is not a job you would like to tackle, I would be more than willing to give it a try. What is the .skin file that the fanart is displayed in for these screens and what would be the IsVisible code to determine if it is a set to change the displayed case and image ect?
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
try adding + !ListItem.IsFolder to the visible condition on line 511 in ViewFanart.xml
also remove the movieset image control below that.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks I will give it a go tonight and see if I can get it all done correctly.
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Ok,so I started on it right after my last post, as I wanted to test it out.

I did get the case image to disappear when there is a set image detected. I can NOT for the life of me figure out where the code that displays the <movie>-Poster.jpg is located. I stepped through every bit of code for images in the skin, and nothing looks like the proper width and height for the cover. Most are square (218 x 218) or close to it.

I need to change the aspect ratio of the Movie set image, as it is wider than a standard image. But I need to change the aspect ratio of just the Movie Set image, and not the rest.

Is this image defined elsewhere, or in an include or something?

EDIT: I was just looking fora mod that I did some time ago, that I made for the PM3 HD skin. I was going to add it to Transparency. Ronie, have a look at the thread, a blast from the past for sure....way before Transparency!!

it's the image control above the case ($VAR[IconPoster])

yeah, i sure remember that PM3.HD case mod...
i guess your idea got me into skinning :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok, I just don'tget this, this should be something pretty simple that I could alter......

I found no match for ($VAR[IconPoster]) in the View-Fanart.xml file anywhere. So I grabbed the latest code from the SVN toady (revision: 1477), and sure enough it is in there, so I guess that has changed somewhere along the way.

However, when I changed the display height and width, it did nothing. So,I changed the line, so the image could not be displayed, and it still was, so this is still not the location of the image I am looking for....

Here is the code I changed, which would make it impossible to show the DVD cover, if this was the correct image that shows it in View-Fanart.xml:

<texture background="true">$VAR[Icon_X_Poster]</texture>
Even with that change, the post is still showing in Fanart View!

Just to be sure, I changed some of the text locations in the file, and reloaded the skin, and that altered text did move, so I know this is the correct file, and it is showing changes when I reload the skin.

I literally tried just about every <control> in the file before asking which one it was......

I set <F5> in the keytable so when I press F5, the skin reloads, and it stays on the same screen. Far better than restarting XBMC every time, or going to the settings skin and reloading there.

I appreciate the help, this SHOULD have bee something simple to accomplish Smile

EDIT:

Ok,many hours later, I have it working! The .xml that I was using, and has other little changes I did not want to lose, is very different from the latest one in the .svn. After sorting out the differences, and merging my existing changes into the new skin I was then ready to start Smile After a bit of tinkering I was able to get the "sets" image to display over the top of the existing cover (You can'tsee it behind it). I did not want to screw up anything further, so I was not going to try to toggle the normal cover off if it was !NotaSetImage.

Thanks for the help, it is much apreciated!

Here it is live and working finally!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Movie Sets Display Style Change0