Adding new fonts???
Is there any way to add new and different fonts to Aeon Nox that aren't a part of the standard offerings? I love the skin and how much you can tweak it. But I would like the ability to choose a different font. HelpHuh
The quickest way to do so would be to copy the font of your choice over to the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder, and replace MC360.ttf with it. This will then become your Default font.
There's got to be an easier way. Or not.

(2013-04-29, 08:11)CutSickAss Wrote: The quickest way to do so would be to copy the font of your choice over to the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder, and replace MC360.ttf with it. This will then become your Default font.
(2013-04-29, 21:12)CaptainStereo Wrote: There's got to be an easier way. Or not.

(2013-04-29, 08:11)CutSickAss Wrote: The quickest way to do so would be to copy the font of your choice over to the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\fonts" folder, and replace MC360.ttf with it. This will then become your Default font.

It doesn't get much easier than that...
I don't want a default font. I like choices, and while Aeon Nox is by FAR the best most customizable skin, the fonts look a little dated compared to some other skins, which do not offer the flexibility of Nox, which towers over all other skins!
(2013-05-03, 02:53)CaptainStereo Wrote: I don't want a default font. I like choices, and while Aeon Nox is by FAR the best most customizable skin, the fonts look a little dated compared to some other skins, which do not offer the flexibility of Nox, which towers over all other skins!

You want a dialog that allows you to dynamically change fonts? That would require coding. As CutSickAss posted, it's pretty easy to change the font as often as you want by replacing MC360.ttf with your chosen font.
[/quote]

You want a dialog that allows you to dynamically change fonts? That would require coding. As CutSickAss posted, it's pretty easy to change the font as often as you want by replacing MC360.ttf with your chosen font.
[/quote]

That's what the developers are for! I'm just an appreciative user who is providing feedback. Not criticism.
Im having an issue changing fonts. Im modding a skin for a more detailed weather page. I took the MyWeather.xml from one skin and incorporating it into another. In the font.xml, I duplicated the font sizes and name from the new MyWeather using the existing skin fonts. Im not seeing the size change. is there any other place I should be looking to have the correct font size appear?

Workaround: Use existing font definitions, but I should be able to call my own
So is MC360 font the font of the home main menu items (settings, movies, tv shoes, etc)? Also, there isnt a definition withing the ttf file that gives it its name, and thus the skin ignores it because of this name? Or its purely a renamed ttf file that will do it?

I would love to see some screencaps to see alternatives, and accompanying font files.

Thanks,
I can confirm that renaming the font file does NOT work for the main Menu items. I renamed the file BebasNeue.ttf to something else, and copied another font and named it BebasNeue, and this had no effect.
(2013-11-19, 04:10)hernandito Wrote: I can confirm that renaming the font file does NOT work for the main Menu items. I renamed the file BebasNeue.ttf to something else, and copied another font and named it BebasNeue, and this had no effect.

Did you have any luck with this?
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Sorry but I did not try harder than that...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding new fonts???0