[RELEASE] IrcChat
This doens't seem to work on a RPi
it won't run with the keyboard shortcut
and if started from the programs menu it always just open's settings
What IRC server are you trying to log in to?
Have you tried other servers to see if they work? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ar_servers
What does the shortcut look like?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
atm freenode, but i have tried one other

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<f1>RunScript(script.ircchat, run_irc=True,nickname=jeroenTV,username=JerTV,password=none,host=irc.freenode.org,channel=openelec</f1>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
This plugin is not working for me, when i try to run it from programs it opens up settings window (for this plugin) and a popup appears in lower right corner saying:
"IrcChat
Enter an away message."
the popup disappears after few seconds.

any ideas?
(2014-02-10, 20:35)jeroen79 Wrote: atm freenode, but i have tried one other

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<f1>RunScript(script.ircchat, run_irc=True,nickname=jeroenTV,username=JerTV,password=none,host=irc.freenode.org,channel=openelec</f1>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
Sorry for the wait. This should work:
<F1>RunScript(script.ircchat, run_irc=True&nickname=jeroenTV&username=JerTV&password=none&host=irc.freenode.org&channel=openelec)</F1>

I updated the wiki as well for the example to use '&' for separator and added the missing closing bracket.

(2014-02-16, 00:49)dodzy Wrote: This plugin is not working for me, when i try to run it from programs it opens up settings window (for this plugin) and a popup appears in lower right corner saying:
"IrcChat
Enter an away message."
the popup disappears after few seconds.

any ideas?
It should probably say that both your Nickname and Username are required.
You can fill them in if you go to the settings for the IrcChat addon.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...creenshots

How is he playing team fortress 2 inside XBMC?? im so confused
Not playing team fortress 2.

You can watch live streams of o.a. competitive TF2 or people doing pubs using www.twitch.tv or www.justin.tv.
There are video plugins for these websites in the XBMC repo.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
How hard would this be to use as a screensaver within XBMC? I'm thinking that a live IRC of something like corrupt's #pre or #tracer chan would be pretty awesome.
Hi there. Glad to join the forums. Kodi is excellent. Thank you to everyone for making kodi and the addons possible.

I have kodi helix 14.2 on Amazon fire TV. I've installed twitch tv from kodi addon repository. I wanted to have the chat work while I watch streams using twitch. I have tried using IRC CHAT simultaneously with twitch. I have two problems when I try this.

Problem #1 when I open Irc chat the previous menu screen does not go away!!

So I end up having Kodi's menu or submenu background still present on top of the twitch video. I even added irc chat to program menu icons alongside maintenance and navi shortcut buttons. That menu doesn't go away either after opening IRC CHAT. The menu screen blocks spots on the twitch feed. Basically making the feed unviewable.

Problem #2 I can not close IRC CHAT!!!

When I try to close IRC chat it gets stuck on on a disconnecting loop and the asterisk icon on top right corner jus cycles endlessly and I have to hit home button on fire remote and go to amazons settings applications and do a forced stop then launch kodi from the Amazon menu to start over.

Any ideas for either problem?
#1. Does pressing TAB (keyboard) work? We tried to get auto launch setting in Twitch, just like in jtv addon, but they didn't seem to care.

#2. Try disconnect before close.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Registered to report the same issue as Countstacula here. Tried using this one with irc.quakenet.org.

TAB does only hide the Program Add-ons menu which we launch IRC Chat from, but not the chat program itself. Despite what's stated on the wiki, quote: "use TAB to switch to fullscreen video" - which i'd really love to have.

Disconnecting from IRC-server hangs the IRC Chat (the progress indicator keeps spinning endlessly after i click that Disconnect button or the 'X' button on the top right). Can still scroll through the interface controls of IRC Chat. Video playback continues w/o issues.

Tested with irc.freenode.org just for reproducibility purpose - and it worked just fine. So i guess different servers handle the disconnect procedure differently? If maybe we could have some time-out set to force-close the add-on if the server is not releasing it within certain amount of time.

Let me know if maybe i can provide additional debug information to have this fixed.
(2015-05-03, 20:24)Nitrogen Wrote: TAB does only hide the Program Add-ons menu which we launch IRC Chat from, but not the chat program itself. Despite what's stated on the wiki, quote: "use TAB to switch to fullscreen video" - which i'd really love to have.

TAB is not meant to hide the chat. TAB is the normal way to switch between menu and fullscreen in XBMC/Kodi. The chat lies on top of everything. Even though it is transparent, you have no control over the windows below it (as far as i know). Though you could summon the OSD on top of the chat by pressing backspace.
If you wanted to you could make a button similar to the '>' button in the xml that slides the chat to the side either completely or almost out of the screen.
But it would not give you normal control over xbmc, it would just be out of the way.

Here is an example of the code for:

addons\script.ircchat\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-IrcChat-main.xml

http://pastebin.com/9vVfcyx8

There should be a minimize button on the left of the screen if you use that.

(2015-05-03, 20:24)Nitrogen Wrote: Disconnecting from IRC-server hangs the IRC Chat (the progress indicator keeps spinning endlessly after i click that Disconnect button or the 'X' button on the top right). Can still scroll through the interface controls of IRC Chat. Video playback continues w/o issues.
Tested with irc.freenode.org just for reproducibility purpose - and it worked just fine. So i guess different servers handle the disconnect procedure differently? If maybe we could have some time-out set to force-close the add-on if the server is not releasing it within certain amount of time.

That is something divingmule would have to look at. But last we spoke he was also too busy.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2015-05-05, 18:57)MassIV Wrote: Here is an example of the code for:

addons\script.ircchat\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-IrcChat-main.xml

http://pastebin.com/9vVfcyx8

There should be a minimize button on the left of the screen if you use that.

Thanks for posting that! Didn't notice the button at first, it only seems to appear once you connect to the server. Now IrcChat is so much closer to what i'd like to use. Would be absolutely fantastic to have some kind of notification(flashing icon/sound) about new messages in the channel, or a hotkey to show/hide the chat so it would be possible to check for updates manually.

Also took me some time to figure out a way of putting that xml into the system, cuz i run it in live-mode from a pendrive. Turned out you can enable SSH under System - OpenELEC - Services and then SFTP the file into it's respective location.
I absolutely cannot figure out how to get this to work. Is it possible to launch this without streaming a movie? If so - when i try to launch from programs I only get the settings window and an error saying I need to enter an away message. I really like this idea!!
(2015-09-25, 03:35)kodaxx Wrote: I absolutely cannot figure out how to get this to work. Is it possible to launch this without streaming a movie? If so - when i try to launch from programs I only get the settings window and an error saying I need to enter an away message. I really like this idea!!

Actually it needs Nickname and Username and maybe password.

It is pulling the wrong sentence / string for the error message.

And yes you can launch without a having a movie or a stream playing.

But it's not so easy to start a stream after it's open because the chat covers the whole window (even though it's transparent).
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] IrcChat1