Solved ATV2 Problem with Frodo and LG TV
Hi,

I have quite a few days of testing finished.
It seems that the long press button functions not working on one of my ATVs , is related to the recent Changes in XBMC in combination with my new LG TV PM670S.
Unfortunately I cannot bring up any functions on my ATV that rely on holding a button like context menue or cursor repeat. As soon as I disconnect the TV the buttons work again as expected.

Disabling all CEC/Simplink settings on the TV doesn't help.

Is there anybody who could tell me a workarround that would help until this bug is fixed?
Thanks
umtauscher
Well at least i can tell you that i have no clue how to tackle this bug (and i'm still not convinced that i even have to). We already talked about that. If disconnecting alrady fixes it - i would try a different HDMI cable - maybe it has a broken shield or what not. Also is using a remote app a solution for you?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz for your support.
It was the Plasma screen itsself (as another user suggested in the other thread) that seems to blind the IR sensor.
I hat to put the ATV behind the screen and point it backwards. That did the trick!
...and your were right, there is nothing to be done.

Cheers
Umtauscher
Light frequencies are a weird science :D

A buddy of mine once had a CD player that would turn itself on and play music at random times because of IR interference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 Problem with Frodo and LG TV1