NFS Boot and/or Symlink for sharing settings
Hello,

I currently have 4 RPi XBMC media clients in my home. (I also have a Windows XP HTPC, and a couple Win7 laptops with it installed.) I am sharing media from an Ubuntu Server with SAMBA to all devices, and synchronizing the library with MySQL on the Ubuntu Server. Everything is working wonderfully! My whole family loves it.

My wife and I love it so much we would like to start putting R rated shows on to the media server. However, with two small children in the home I want to restrict what files are available for them to watch. As I understand it, at this point in time, the only way to accomplish this is to enable profiles. To ease configuration I would like to look into NFS boot for the RPi, if it will accomplish my goal of all my RPi devices to constantly maintain the exact same settings.

Can I point all four of the RPis to the same NFS share and have them maintain user profiles, passwords, and settings across all devices? Would this better be served with Symlinks? If neither is a valid option, is there a good option to keep these devices the exact same no matter on which device a setting is changed?

Thanks,
Gabe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Boot and/or Symlink for sharing settings0