Beginner DVD Image Question
First. I love XBMC. I'm running the latest XBMCbuntu downstairs and RaspBMC upstairs.

I can't play DVD movie image folders on either device. For example My Movie/VIDEO_TS. The folder shows the name of the movie with no details. Selecting that shows the VIDEO_TS folder. Clicking on that shows the VOB files, etc. I would like it to play the movie when I click on the original "My Movie" folder (and give movie details like my other movies).

Should that work? If so, did I miss a setting? Is there a plugin?

It probably doesn't matter but I use Aeon Nox. I have a folder for "New Releases" and I've customized the main menu to have an item called "New Releases". I select that to see the latest movies and then select the movie to play it. Again, shouldn't matter but I use InfoWall.

Sorry for the dumb question but when I search on VIDEO_TS or DVD it appears it should work.

Thank you for any help.
Sounds like you haven't scraped the movie into the library yet.

These are the basic steps to add movies to XBMC, and you've probably only taken the first 2:
1) Select "Add Videos...".
2) Enter the path(s) you wish to add and select a name for this source.
3) Change "This directory contains: None" to "Movies"
4) Check the "Movies are in separete folders that match the movie title" checkbox if that's how you store your movies
5) Select Yes on the next dialog box asking you if you want to refresh the info for all items

Since it sounds like you've already done the first two steps, you can just press 'c' on the source and select "Change content". This will bring you to step 3 above.
This has all been done. I've added the videos. Everything has been identified (as movies) and the relevant information read in from TMDB. I run the add-on that periodically checks and updates everything so that I can just copy files into the sub-directory and they appear in XBMC.

The problem is only with movies that are in DVD sub-directory format (although I don't think I've tried on an ISO file). In the "New Releases" folder are a bunch of movies, .AVI's, .MKV's, .MP4's, etc. These are essentially flat, no additional sub-directories. There is also a folder called "The Hobbit" which instead of being a single file is the files from a DVD. Under this folder are AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS folders, exactly like on a DVD. When I select "My Movie.AVI" it plays. When I select "The Hobbit" I show the audio and video sub-directories (and nothing plays). If I select the VIDEO_TS folder I just move into that folder and see all the VOB and IFO files. In short, I'm not able to play a set of directories that are structured like a DVD.

BTW, I tried clicking on a VOB file and it didn't work. It played with audio but no video. Do I have to do something to enable DVD support?

Thanks again for any help.
All the other movies are stored directly in "New Releases"? No subdirectory for each movie? Like this:

\New Releases\My Movie.AVI
\New Releases\The Hobbit\VIDEO_TS\

You can't really mix the two in a single source. Either you have all movies in a flat directory, or in seperate subdirectories.

To have both you really need to separate them into different root directories and define a different source for each, one that has "Movies are in separete folders that match the movie title" checked and one without.

No, there's nothing special you have to do for DVD playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beginner DVD Image Question0