Video calibration
Sad 
I use the raspberry on a composite input tv and the overscan puts part of the menus off the screen. I can correct this using the video calibration, but every time I reboot my raspberry, it looses the calibration. Is this a known issue or something reported for the first time?
Which OS/XBMC distro are you using? OpenELEC, Raspbmc, XBian?
if you are using OE, try manually editing the settings in config.txt, not familiar if raspbmc/xbian.
I had installed Raspbmc and ran into the same issue:

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=1016

I am surprised it hasn't been fixed yet...
יונתן בן-חיים
Raspmc (Debian?) I'm a windows guy and know NOTHING about Linux. I tried to backup the SD card last night and followed a YouTube video on how, but I can't see the 2nd partition. I also tried to update the raspberry's hardware and after an hour and a half of Putzing and getting certificates installed, etc.,I came up with a version issue, so I gave up.
How did you get XBMC on the raspberry to start with?
יונתן בן-חיים
@ac0mputerguru
you have to add the lines into config.txt file to sett the screen for sdtv

RPiConfig

R-Pi_Troubleshooting

check the video settings
Ok, I found the confit.txt, but it seems there are no <cr> and it's all one long line. I put in the <cr>s and it completely changed nothing, except the raspberry boots with a screwed up logo in the upper left corner then corrects itself when putting the logo in the middle of the screen. Overscan is still a problem...tried to edit the file from Putty, but file is locked. This is SO friggin difficult!

I installed raspbmc using windows and an image file...
Update: I've learned the basic commands and using Putty I did the following - cd /boot, sudo nano config.txt. I saw nano state that is was a DOS text (which bothered me), verified the 4 new entries (overscan_left, overscan_top, overscan_right, overscan_bottom), exited, and sudo reboot...no change. Next, I figured the DOS text was causing problems, so I did: sudo rm config.txt, confirmed deleting a protected file, confirmed file was gone (ls -all), sudo nano config.txt (reported New File) and re-entered all of the previous values, saved the file, cat config.txt to confirm the entries, did a "sudo reboot", and things are exactly the same as they were before. Should I change the value "disable_overscan=1" to =0?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video calibration0