Ui tearing
Good afternoon, been using xbmc on linux for about 6 weeks so far, but got a new problems

History: had a working setup on ubuntu 11.04
Upgraded to 11.10 and had lots of new issues i couldnt live with, decided to go back to 10.04 lts

So, running 10.04 LTS server (x64) on a coreduo 2.66 with 2 gb ram.
graphics card is a radeon 5450 connected to an lcd tv via HDMI

Video and audio playback is perfect, except when there is any ui on screen
If the ui is on screen, either partially (ie during video playback) or when on the main home/video/music screens etc etc i get random horizontal lines on the screen.
these lines usually are approx 1 pixel wide running about 1/3rd of the way across the screen and flash up for a second or so

these artifacts did not occur on any of my previous installations

Im relatively new to linux so please be pretty verbose with any instructions, many thanks
Hi, What was done to correct this? I'm having this issue or something very similar. Thanks _ noxillo
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Similar is not necessarily the same. Explain your issue in detail (how to reproduce it, what are its symptoms). Post your detailed hardware specifications, Linux distribution/version and XBMC version. Upload a copy of your debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.
Ok thanks, i will gather this info soon. __ noxillo
blimey, resurrection of my old thread
i cant for the life of me remember what i did, the system was "re done" several times and at some point there was no further issue
now i'm running xbmcbuntu and that literally worked out of the box seamlessly
(2013-04-30, 12:37)alan1977 Wrote: blimey, resurrection of my old thread
i cant for the life of me remember what i did, the system was "re done" several times and at some point there was no further issue
now i'm running xbmcbuntu and that literally worked out of the box seamlessly

Well - the problem corrected itself so far Huh -- Funny my roommate usually breaks things - this time he fixed it with out even trying. I think he pulled the plug or something.. For now we can put this one back to sleep - Thanks alan1977 __ noxillo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ui tearing0